Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Install asking for a CD........? I bought it online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded Amnesia: The Dark Descent off of the Frictional Games site. I got the install to boot up properly, but right before the install begins it tells me to "please insert Disk 1 - If the files on this disk can be found in a folder other than the one displayed below, enter the correct path or click browse". I tried to use the file that came up but nothing seems to get it to work.

Any help or ideas is much appreciated.
You have to unpack the downloaded file before running the installer. You can do this by for example right-clicking on the file and selecting "extract all...".
You should use 7-zip to extract files. It's freeware and has the best techniques.
winrar is good too.
Right. I had already done that, but for some reason it worked today? Didn't ask for anything, install completed, and now its asking for a serial number but again I have no disc or box for which to locate one.

Right. I had already done that, but for some reason it worked today? Didn't ask for anything, install completed, and now its asking for a serial number but again I have no disc or box for which to locate one.
A serial number should have been sent to the email you bought it with.
Or login into your FG-Store account to see your serial number.