Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-12-2013, 02:20 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]Aaalright, this is a discussion for another topic.

Back to AMFP now or I'll have to start removing posts ^^'

Apologies Smile
To put us back on topic, have a 1366x768 Wallpaper of the official AAMFP logo :3

http://oi39.tinypic.com/33lpod0.jpg
I think it is time they make an update about AAMFP.They said it is going to be released around Q2.I think this is the perfect time,because it is almost middle of Q2.Just my opinion...
The majority of the assets in AAMFP(based on the screenshots) is re-use from ATDD. Maybe because not enough time, they have to re-use some assets in ATDD. But then again, these are beta screenshot do there's probably some custom assets and less old ones.

Dayum, I just wrote all of this on my tiny phone.
(05-12-2013, 05:04 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]The majority of the assets in AAMFP(based on the screenshots) is re-use from ATDD. Maybe because not enough time, they have to re-use some assets in ATDD. But then again, these are beta screenshot do there's probably some custom assets and less old ones.

Dayum, I just wrote all of this on my tiny phone.

Not enough time? I'm fairly certain I read somewhere they started developing this at the end/middle of 2011? Nearly two years is plenty of time to create new assets. Anyway, I'm fairly certain they used ATDD assets as placeholders during early development until they decided they wanted to make it into a "bigger" game. Most of the recent screenshots have had many more non ATDD assets Smile
The real guilty are our expectations. Our expectations have killed the guys at FG and TCR! We wanted much, now we have to wait.
(05-12-2013, 06:54 PM)emaper Wrote: [ -> ]The real guilty are our expectations. Our expectations have killed the guys at FG and TCR! We wanted much, now we have to wait.

now must wait
The big downside of the long wait combined with the "we delayed it to add more" reasons is that I'm sure lots of people expect the almost impossible by this point.
(05-12-2013, 08:49 PM)Funderbunk Wrote: [ -> ]The big downside of the long wait combined with the "we delayed it to add more" reasons is that I'm sure lots of people expect the almost impossible by this point.

Indeed. It does concern me that people are going to be expecting too much and some will be disappointed as a result. At least with The Dark Descent it was largely a surprise just how good it was.

Still, you never know, maybe A Machine For Pigs WILL meet our incredibly high expectations. Smile
(05-12-2013, 08:56 PM)Ossie Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2013, 08:49 PM)Funderbunk Wrote: [ -> ]The big downside of the long wait combined with the "we delayed it to add more" reasons is that I'm sure lots of people expect the almost impossible by this point.

Indeed. It does concern me that people are going to be expecting too much and some will be disappointed as a result. At least with The Dark Descent it was largely a surprise just how good it was.

Still, you never know, maybe A Machine For Pigs WILL meet our incredibly high expectations. Smile
I found BP actually better but that was more due to the fact that you were in a 20/21th century environment with excellent lighting instead of the dark all the time.
A horror game doesn't have to be all dark for it to be extremely terrifying
A wise man once said "Great things come to those who wait." Although most of the time, I feel it's better to go out and get it yourself, this is a situation where we just need to shut up and realize it'll be released when it's ready, and there's nothing we can do about it.

So what if it's not ready by the end of Q2? It only shows their dedication to impress us, otherwise they would've rushed it at Halloween. The longer it takes, the better it's going to be, and the more patiently we wait, the shorter the release will arrive. Everybody stop getting their knickers in a twist and wait for more updates/release info comfortably and quietly. Please.

/rant