Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-12-2013, 09:10 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2013, 08:56 PM)Ossie Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2013, 08:49 PM)Funderbunk Wrote: [ -> ]The big downside of the long wait combined with the "we delayed it to add more" reasons is that I'm sure lots of people expect the almost impossible by this point.

Indeed. It does concern me that people are going to be expecting too much and some will be disappointed as a result. At least with The Dark Descent it was largely a surprise just how good it was.

Still, you never know, maybe A Machine For Pigs WILL meet our incredibly high expectations. Smile
I found BP actually better but that was more due to the fact that you were in a 20/21th century environment with excellent lighting instead of the dark all the time.
A horror game doesn't have to be all dark for it to be extremely terrifying

I agree that a game doesn't have to be dark to be scary. But light/dark is a really important factor in Amnesia, and from what we know it will be important in AMFP too.
(05-13-2013, 01:55 AM)TiberiusBond Wrote: [ -> ]A wise man once said "Great things come to those who wait." Although most of the time, I feel it's better to go out and get it yourself, this is a situation where we just need to shut up and realize it'll be released when it's ready, and there's nothing we can do about it.

So what if it's not ready by the end of Q2? It only shows their dedication to impress us, otherwise they would've rushed it at Halloween. The longer it takes, the better it's going to be, and the more patiently we wait, the shorter the release will arrive. Everybody stop getting their knickers in a twist and wait for more updates/release info comfortably and quietly. Please.

/rant

I agree. As long as we listen to the word of the prophet, everything will be fine.
(05-13-2013, 07:49 AM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2013, 01:55 AM)TiberiusBond Wrote: [ -> ]A wise man once said "Great things come to those who wait." Although most of the time, I feel it's better to go out and get it yourself, this is a situation where we just need to shut up and realize it'll be released when it's ready, and there's nothing we can do about it.

So what if it's not ready by the end of Q2? It only shows their dedication to impress us, otherwise they would've rushed it at Halloween. The longer it takes, the better it's going to be, and the more patiently we wait, the shorter the release will arrive. Everybody stop getting their knickers in a twist and wait for more updates/release info comfortably and quietly. Please.

/rant

I agree. As long as we listen to the word of the prophet, everything will be fine.

Some get horror game vibes during the asylum part. Ah, that was a great game. Add top of that being almost defenseless as in Amnesia games as they run out of bullets and no supplies on sight and many of them have forgotten that they can melee stuff.
(05-13-2013, 01:55 AM)TiberiusBond Wrote: [ -> ]So what if it's not ready by the end of Q2? It only shows their dedication to impress us, otherwise they would've rushed it at Halloween. The longer it takes, the better it's going to be, and the more patiently we wait, the shorter the release will arrive. Everybody stop getting their knickers in a twist and wait for more updates/release info comfortably and quietly. Please.

/rant
I kinda disagree with this (mainly the first part), it's not that I'm impatient, it's just the fact it pisses me off that they can't stick with an estimated release date. I'd be much better off if they announced last year that it would be coming out late 2013 or something, as opposed to announcing such ambitious dates and delaying it a couple more times every time the month came around.

Regardless, I don't think we'll be waiting much longer, the game itself IS essentially finished, and TCR seems to be just about getting the hype up for the game with the increase of ARGs lately. I could expect a release date and a couple of videos coming out soon.
Just a question guys:
[Image: 201210_aamfp_screenshot_1.jpg]
How do you think the lantern will work in perspective that it seems to just shine forward and not behind. Do you think that it will change how an enemy sees, reacts and comes at you if spotted?
Good question, I hadn't noticed the focused "directionality" of the light before. Another question is if there's no inventory does this mean there are no oil refills or batteries anything along those lines? Or instead of managing your oil levels manually do you just have to depend on "refill stations" dotted around the game's world?

Likewise, if there's no inventory how do you heal wounds? CAN you heal wounds? How does one plan ahead in terms of managing your medicines and oil if you can't access them at will?

Hmmmm.
So many questions ............. and so few answers. Smile
I think the lantern will work like the flashlight in Penumbra.
I think the chance of having enemies notice you will be higher than in TDD since it is a straight ray of light.
Yeah, but enemies at the sides can't see you because it's just a straight line forward.
(05-13-2013, 11:12 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]Good question, I hadn't noticed the focused "directionality" of the light before. Another question is if there's no inventory does this mean there are no oil refills or batteries anything along those lines? Or instead of managing your oil levels manually do you just have to depend on "refill stations" dotted around the game's world?

Likewise, if there's no inventory how do you heal wounds? CAN you heal wounds? How does one plan ahead in terms of managing your medicines and oil if you can't access them at will?

Hmmmm.

Maybe the monsters will always kill you with one hit so there's no need for medkits or laudanum. This would make monsters even more dangerous.