Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Haha, just remembered something.

I always wondered what the deal was with the wooden crank you had in your inventory in TDD. The description was "a crank for a machine". When I heard of AMFP I instantly thought of that crank and got really excited about them having a connection. I remember being like, "... hooolyyy shiiiiii-"

Found out later that you can actually use it in the game but it's not necessary. Bugger.
(05-13-2013, 05:58 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]if you think back for a little bit you can notice how Oswald is breathing heavily as the monster kills another pig...

That's an interesting observation. I'm not sure if it's correct, but it would definitely be an interesting game mechanic if the monster would go after other living beings in the game and not just you.
(05-13-2013, 10:28 PM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2013, 05:58 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]if you think back for a little bit you can notice how Oswald is breathing heavily as the monster kills another pig...

That's an interesting observation. I'm not sure if it's correct, but it would definitely be an interesting game mechanic if the monster would go after other living beings in the game and not just you.
The heavy breathing was exaggerated as stated by Dan in the Q&A
I was referring specifically to the observation that the monster might have been attacking a pig in the trailer Wink
(05-13-2013, 01:32 PM)GrAVit Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, I kinda liked the inventory managing aspect of TDD.
I'm really having a hard time imagining how it will work in AMFP.

I don't believe it would be a very well working idea to completely remove the inventory. I think the biggest problem about it in TDD was that opening it stopped the game completely, which mercifully gave you extra time to come up with a strategy while an enemy was attacking you, for instance.
Perhaps there will be some kind of a "live inventory" in AAMFP, a section that would open in a sidebar or something? Something that would enable you to browse your items without pausing the game.
(05-14-2013, 03:42 AM)jennipuu Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2013, 01:32 PM)GrAVit Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, I kinda liked the inventory managing aspect of TDD.
I'm really having a hard time imagining how it will work in AMFP.

I don't believe it would be a very well working idea to completely remove the inventory. I think the biggest problem about it in TDD was that opening it stopped the game completely, which mercifully gave you extra time to come up with a strategy while an enemy was attacking you, for instance.
Perhaps there will be some kind of a "live inventory" in AAMFP, a section that would open in a sidebar or something? Something that would enable you to browse your items without pausing the game.
If you open the menu while being attacked then you're doing it wrong.
You should first outrun or outhide the monster then use the laundaum(why didn't they just call it pre-painkillers for godsake).
(05-13-2013, 06:32 PM)TiberiusBond Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2013, 05:20 PM)TerrorLantern Wrote: [ -> ]still really want the oculus rift support.

I'd probably shit too many pairs of pants in total fear if Amnesia used Oculus Rift. As if it wasn't scary enough...but I think it would be a great horror experience for sure

just think, all these things we are doing in our charirs when a monster comes like looking behinds us, we can now do without looking as stupid. i wonder if there is a mod out there that supports the dev kit thats out now
Iam starting to lose hope in this game...wont surprise me if they say "hey we delayed it again and hoping for a release around Q4"....GIVE US SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THE RELEASE DATE FOR F#CKS SAKE!
/hardcore Amnesia fan
It won't change anything even if you are told that the date is 29/06/13. Relax...
(05-13-2013, 05:58 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]if you think back for a little bit you can notice how Oswald is breathing heavily as the monster kills another pig wouldn't it notice him when he turned the lantern on and off while the pig made an suspicious noise for a second? it sounded like it turned around too see what was behind it and when it looked for oswald it went trough some checking in the cages i would say that the monsters are smarter now and in big areas they are even smarter

--

Having watched the trailer many times, I do not think it was the actual monster seen passing by. I think it was a conveyor with a hook meant for hauling carcasses. For all we know from watching the trailer, the monster could've been right behind him or in the direction he was headed, which makes it all the more exciting.