Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-20-2013, 07:32 PM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]Have I missed it or did the second half of this interview ever surface?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/...e-amnesia/

Well over 2 months have passed and still no sign of Part 2.

Not surprised...Iam seriously starting to think they will delay it to Q3, don't understand why is is so hard to give us some information about the release date Huh
(05-20-2013, 09:27 PM)Phobos Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2013, 07:32 PM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]Have I missed it or did the second half of this interview ever surface?

Not surprised...Iam seriously starting to think they will delay it to Q3, don't understand why is is so hard to give us some information about the release date Huh

Presumably because they're not confident enough of it being finished to give a date.

However, the lack of information is annoying - there are devs out there who are extremely open about things; look at Chucklefish Games, developers of the forthcoming Starbound for example - they give out large amounts of ongoing progress info on an almost daily basis, one of their programmers even has a regular livestream on Twitch where you see him coding (and what he's coding). This constant feed of information really excites those interested in their game and adds a LOT to growing the community spirit.

Unfortunately, for reasons best known to themselves, Frictional and thechineseroom are the complete opposite - just different business practices I guess, but it's patently obvious which approach serves the potential customers better and fosters a lot of good will .........
I get the impression they've compulsively nurtured their creation for so long that they're afraid to let it go.

I suppose they have a high demand to meet given the standard set by TDD.
Well I don't think it would really work if they livesteamed whilst programming or mapping in amnesia or horror games in general since you will have a look at the map and what's going to happen in them.

"I just finished the storage, a very dark map with many monsters, a drillpuzzle and an explosion."
(05-20-2013, 03:35 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2013, 12:43 PM)RaideX Wrote: [ -> ]I immediately thought about hiding in closets. Just imagine, the haunting music is over and out of nothing a Pig opens the doors and is like "sup?"

My face when.

MFW

[Image: S8pogD3.gif]

Or at least some information about the games progress. We've seen nothing of any worth since Jens' last update.
(05-21-2013, 02:01 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]

Or at least some information about the games progress. We've seen nothing of any worth since Jens' last update.

They kept the progress secret just like the release date. We should just wait until we heard news. If we keep waiting then FG will release it sooner and ruined the game.
(05-21-2013, 02:36 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]

They kept the progress secret just like the release date. We should just wait until we heard news. If we keep waiting then FG will release it sooner and ruined the game.

If we keep waiting they'll release it earlier and ruin the game? What?

It would be really, really nice for them just to tell us something, ANYTHING. I have no doubt they're working really hard to get it out, but based on what they've told us (or really haven't) they could have just been screwing around for the last 6 months.
(05-21-2013, 02:36 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]

I fail to see what they have to hide if it comes to at least a tidbit of information about the games progress, we've literally heard nothing substantial since early March, surely they have something interesting to tell us about the games progress.

A progress report won't spoil the game, I don't want to know what levels they're working on I just want to know where the game stands at this point in time because I'm pretty sure the game was close enough to completion when they were given TCR's finished product - I could be wrong - but there hasn't been any worthwhile news to tell me otherwise and that's what's a little frustrating about this whole situation.
(05-21-2013, 03:21 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]I fail to see what they have to hide if it comes to at least a tidbit of information about the games progress, we've literally heard nothing substantial since early March, surely they have something interesting to tell us about the games progress.

A progress report won't spoil the game, I don't want to know what levels they're working on I just want to know where the game stands at this point in time because I'm pretty sure the game was close enough to completion when they were given TCR's finished product - I could be wrong - but there hasn't been any worthwhile news to tell me otherwise and that's what's a little frustrating about this whole situation.

Exactly.

There are many things that they could tell us that won't in any way whatsoever spoil the game - for example: is the game complete, if not what is still being tweaked? The state of translation - are all subtitles implemented? What is the state of progress of the different language versions? Is all the score finished and fully implemented? Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc .........