Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why cant they just tell us T.T probably because it will be delayed even more ? -.- I really hope there will be an announcment soon
Did they actually say it would come out in Q2? I believe they just said they were thinking about it. You are entitled to be bothered by their lack of communication but don't be so full of expectations for the remainder of Q2.

jens Wrote:Currently we are looking at a release around Q2 2013.
Dan said recently that FG aren't able to come up with a release date they know they can stick to. It therefore sounds like there's still a fairly hefty workload to get through. I'm not sure if it's all because of the game development itself or because of other shit. There are a lot of "logistical" considerations outside of the control of FG which could delay the game. For example, let's say they're getting Russian voice acting done by an external company; if that company can't finish the job in time for whatever reason the whole process will grind to a halt even if everything else is ready to go.

Still, would be nice to get a proper status update. The last official word from FG was in February.
(05-21-2013, 05:51 PM)felixmole Wrote: [ -> ]Did they actually say it would come out in Q2? I believe they just said they were thinking about it. You are entitled to be bothered by their lack of communication but don't be so full of expectations for the remainder of Q2.

jens Wrote:Currently we are looking at a release around Q2 2013.

But to know the current status of the game would be great. Last update is now over three months old. Sad
I'm guessing some things that looked good on paper didn't go so well with playtesting.
It's cancelled.

I guess it's now my third time saying this.
(05-21-2013, 06:15 PM)Funderbunk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing some things that looked good on paper didn't go so well with playtesting.

I've been wondering the same thing - I recall Dan saying at least once (maybe twice?) that he had needed to revise the ending after the 'final' product was delivered to Frictional.

(05-21-2013, 06:16 PM)Scraper Wrote: [ -> ]It's cancelled.

I guess it's now my third time saying this.

We know you're joking - after all, given the immense amount of time and effort that has gone into developing this do you really think they would cancel it? I think not. Smile

Perhaps there is some story and gameplay tweaking going on, but the severe lack of information from Frictional is only serving to foster a feeling of ill will and suspicion from potential customers like us.
I think they will release the game in Q3 ...
Nahhh, I'll say Q4 ..... so making it a Halloween 2013 release. Wink Wink
Empty promises! Neither the trailer nor the release date! I'm tired of waiting for this game! How much can you feed us "breakfast"? When will the second quarter, will tell what will come in the third when over a third say that October 31 will be released ... I have thought of such a protracted sitatsii with the game. Damn it!