Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-22-2013, 04:36 PM)Ossie Wrote: [ -> ]Ooops, didn't mean to leave that in, thought I'd toned it down from my initial edit. Sorry about that, now edited. However, I'm sure the guys at Frictional can take it. Smile

Haha yea, i'm sure they can! Smile
(05-22-2013, 04:06 PM)Ossie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm more curious about what on earth Frictional are up to rather than an exact release date. Message to Frictional: just keep us updated for crying out loud. Lack of information just adds to the annoyance and is seriously ticking off some of your potential customers. This isn't a 'whine', it's not 'entitlement', it's simply severe annoyance at your poor communication skills.

I've used this analogy before but I'll use it again: let's say you're stuck in a train in a long dark tunnel. You have no idea WHY you're stuck and none of the train staff can be arsed to tell you. Not knowing what is going on just adds to the irritation of those who are also stuck on the train. However, if a member of the train staff announces exactly what is going on and keeps the people updated every 15 minutes or so then it lessens the irritation considerably. It doesn't get you out of the tunnel any faster, but at least you know what on earth is happening and that lessens the stress and annoyance, it also makes you feel that the train company CARES.

Obviously Frictional really don't give a monkeys about us sitting here grinding our teeth. Come on guys, give us a progress update please, and keep on giving us progress updates on at least a weekly basis. No spoilers are expected or are necessary - I for one don't want any spoilers.

Yea, FG actually pissing off potential customers instead of attract them. Can someone PM Jens so that he would think about this?
(05-22-2013, 04:06 PM)Ossie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm more curious about what on earth Frictional are up to rather than an exact release date. Message to Frictional: just keep us updated for crying out loud. Lack of information just adds to the annoyance and is seriously ticking off some of your potential customers. This isn't a 'whine', it's not 'entitlement', it's simply severe annoyance at your poor communication skills.

I've used this analogy before but I'll use it again: let's say you're stuck in a train in a long dark tunnel. You have no idea WHY you're stuck and none of the train staff can be arsed to tell you. Not knowing what is going on just adds to the irritation of those who are also stuck on the train. However, if a member of the train staff announces exactly what is going on and keeps the people updated every 15 minutes or so then it lessens the irritation considerably. It doesn't get you out of the tunnel any faster, but at least you know what on earth is happening and that lessens the stress and annoyance, it also makes you feel that the train company CARES.

Obviously Frictional really don't give a monkeys about us sitting here grinding our teeth. Come on guys, give us a progress update please, and keep on giving us progress updates on at least a weekly basis. No spoilers are expected or are necessary - I for one don't want any spoilers.

Well put. I have a similar impression as well. The way Frictional is handling this right now seems pretty antisocial to me - surely it can't be hard to throw an actual update or two occasionally? Smile
There's also the possibility that there is nothing to report. I can't believe you guys are accusing them of disrespecting their fans. They are under no obligation to give you anything and yet they have been leaving fun little puzzles/poems to hold you over until they are finished. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now and assume that they really are hard at work ironing out bugs and polishing the game, or doing something. As you guys have already observed, this radio silence so to speak is doing nothing but damage them - so surely they are not doing it on purpose.
Don't PM Jens for idiotic things guys...
For crying out loud guys, go do something! Sitting here complaining about not having a release date IS NOT going to make it come any sooner. Have patience! It'll be done when it's done. Because anytime someone rushes something for its fans, it turns out bad, then they complain about it. Seriously, some of you are becoming too arrogant, and I think it's better if you just play another game to distract the time or do something else in general. I find it amazing how nuts some people are getting over this... It's ridiculous.

Also, please do not PM Jens about it. It's not like they know it right now and are just waiting for someone to ask. THEY WILL TELL US. Go do hobby stuff.
Think positive. If AAMFP came out like 2 months ago or so then we would already have played it. Right now you wouldn't have an amazing game to be excited about.
What annoys me most of all is that the devs seem to find time to write lengthy blog posts on other games (http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/2013...rival.html, [url]http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/2013...inite.html[/url]) which they obviously have spent a fair amount of time playing, but can't take 5 minutes out of their busy schedule to let us know how the game is coming along.

Sure, they don't OWE us anything per se, but this is a competitive market and they need our money. Other game devs have no problem giving tons of information to fans, that's what cultivates a strong community. FG literally hasn't told us anything in THREE MONTHS (officially), but in those three months have posted 5 (really) long posts on game development and narrative.

Is it so difficult for them just to say something on twitter along the lines of, "Hey guys, sorry you haven't heard from us, thanks for patiently waiting, we are currently working on blah, blah blah..."

5 minutes. Max. Just a little communication. That's all we need. We are not asking for the game to be released tomorrow. We are not asking for a release date. We just want to know what they're up to with the game, even if that means more delays. This silence is unjustifiable.
(05-22-2013, 07:04 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: [ -> ]What annoys me most of all is that the devs seem to find time to write lengthy blog posts on other games ([url]http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/2013...rival.html[/url], [url]http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/2013...inite.html[/url]) which they obviously have spent a fair amount of time playing, but can't take 5 minutes out of their busy schedule to let us know how the game is coming along.

Sure, they don't OWE us anything per se, but this is a competitive market and they need our money. Other game devs have no problem giving tons of information to fans, that's what cultivates a strong community. FG literally hasn't told us anything in THREE MONTHS (officially), but in those three months have posted 5 (really) long posts on game development and narrative.

Is it so difficult for them just to say something on twitter along the lines of, "Hey guys, sorry you haven't heard from us, thanks for patiently waiting, we are currently working on blah, blah blah..."

5 minutes. Max. Just a little communication. That's all we need. We are not asking for the game to be released tomorrow. We are not asking for a release date. We just want to know what they're up to with the game, even if that means more delays. This silence is unjustifiable.

Exactly!
(05-22-2013, 06:44 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]For crying out loud guys, go do something! Sitting here complaining about not having a release date IS NOT going to make it come any sooner. Have patience! It'll be done when it's done. Because anytime someone rushes something for its fans, it turns out bad, then they complain about it. Seriously, some of you are becoming too arrogant, and I think it's better if you just play another game to distract the time or do something else in general. I find it amazing how nuts some people are getting over this... It's ridiculous.

Also, please do not PM Jens about it. It's not like they know it right now and are just waiting for someone to ask. THEY WILL TELL US. Go do hobby stuff.

Good Guy Statyk most people didnt ask for the release now, we are just asking for information on what is going on about the game Smile You have to realise that there has be no information for about 3 Months T.T