Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-29-2013, 07:35 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: [ -> ]Yah the Q3 thing is completely bogus, FG and chineseroom never said anything of the sort. Whoever wrote that article on the escapist got it wrong, and a few other sites since then have been lazy with their research.

We should seriously ask about some sort of idea about how much longer we can expect to wait for the game (because a set-in-stone release date almost certainly doesn't exist, but it would be nice to have something more than the vague "Q2"). Also, system requirements, price, and oculus rift support would be nice to know about. Maybe something about how puzzles will work and/or creature AI compared to the original game.

I think we can all agree not to ask questions about the narrative/story/setting/characters? The less we know going into this game, the better.

Completely agree with all of that.
Might have missed it, but did they say exactly how this Q/A sessions is going to work? Will it be on the forums, reddit, etc.?
(04-29-2013, 04:16 PM)Ossie Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2013, 04:13 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2013, 03:24 PM)Ossie Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2013, 03:22 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]You don't know what Oculus rift is!?One word,"Future".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oculus_Rift

Why are you saying that to me?I know what it is!

The wiki link was added for the benefit of maarten12100 and anyone else who doesn't know what the Oculus Rift is.
So it is technically what Nintendo did in 1988 only now it actually isn't crap.
(04-29-2013, 07:28 PM)TiberiusBond Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2013, 01:11 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-29-2013, 10:35 AM)chineseroom Wrote: [ -> ]RECOGNITION
LOYALTY
PATIENCE
FILLED
INSTITUTION
MEMBERS
GREENWICH
MEAN
TIME
INSTRUCTED
LAWS
GREAT
BRITAIN
COMPANY
PROCEDURES

I just deleted all the un-important message and put up the abnormally caps text. See something, rather, odd with it?

How about this?

Recognition, loyalty, and patience filled institution members green, which, (in the) mean time instructed laws. Great Britain company procedures.

Any ideas?

JAP missed the word APPROVED in that list. And also, shouldn't THE SWINE ARE RISING be mentioned? It's also written in caps. Plus is it grammatically correct to say The swine are rising? If not then it must be there for a reason?

EDIT: Nevermind
(04-29-2013, 07:42 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: [ -> ]Might have missed it, but did they say exactly how this Q/A sessions is going to work? Will it be on the forums, reddit, etc.?

Here, in this thread (if I understand correctly)
(04-29-2013, 07:42 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: [ -> ]Might have missed it, but did they say exactly how this Q/A sessions is going to work? Will it be on the forums, reddit, etc.?

Not sure.
(04-29-2013, 07:47 PM)Prelauncher Wrote: [ -> ]JAP missed the word APPROVED in that list. And also, shouldn't THE SWINE ARE RISING be mentioned? It's also written in caps. Plus is it grammatically correct to say The swine are rising? If not then it must be there for a reason?

EDIT: From just looking through the list I sort of get the feeling it might have something to do with a beta, propably just wishful thinking...

Oh, I missed that.

RECOGNITION, LOYALTY, (and) PATIENCE FILLED APPROVED INSTITUTION MEMBERS. GREENWICH, (in the) MEAN TIME, INSTRUCTED LAWS (of) GREAT BRITAIN COMPANY PROCEDURES. THE SWINE ARE RISING.

As is, doesn't look like much to me...
(04-29-2013, 07:58 PM)TiberiusBond Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I missed that.

RECOGNITION, LOYALTY, (and) PATIENCE FILLED APPROVED INSTITUTION MEMBERS. GREENWICH, (in the) MEAN TIME, INSTRUCTED LAWS (of) GREAT BRITAIN COMPANY PROCEDURES. THE SWINE ARE RISING.

As is, doesn't look like much to me...

nah, same here. Can't make much sense from it. Even if I only use the first letter in each word it doesn't make much sense since there are hardly any vowels.
I cannot wait for this game! The Dark Descent just had something which no other game had, for me it was ground breaking.
GMT was legally adopted in Britain in 1880 and the game takes place in 1899. Maybe that has something to do with it? Child labour laws and all that?