Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you Dan, that reply couldn't have been better.

(05-23-2013, 02:08 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]I love how the moderators do their best to try and refute everything we make complaints about it's like: hey! You can't say that! They're Frictional Games and they made us moderators so you shouldn't make complaints; instead, you should kiss the arses of the developers.

I won't continue this any longer but just saying: If you think that as a moderator I have to kiss FG's ass and wait for a "good job" or gift from them as a return, I feel sorry for you.
Damn it sucks to read Dan's reply!
Some people should get a life and go outside once in a while instead of spamming the forum with update requests etc.. They are working their asses off to make sure WE get an awesome game that's not bug ridden on release day!
For every one post asking for an update there are five from people telling us to do something better with our time Dodgy

I think we're over-dramatising Dan's reply here; no one to my knowledge contacted TCR or FG directly during this whine-fest so his reply was voluntary and I appreciate that he took the time to do it. And the ironic thing is, his reply is exactly what people were asking for and even he didn't seem to realise that. If someone had just told us "we're still bug fixing" that would have been more than enough. To my mind it wasn't the people requesting info who were being the pains in the ass, it was the people who were constantly replying with shit like the previous poster who were riling everyone up.
(05-23-2013, 01:51 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Dan, that reply couldn't have been better.

(05-23-2013, 02:08 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]I love how the moderators do their best to try and refute everything we make complaints about it's like: hey! You can't say that! They're Frictional Games and they made us moderators so you shouldn't make complaints; instead, you should kiss the arses of the developers.

I won't continue this any longer but just saying: If you think that as a moderator I have to kiss FG's ass and wait for a "good job" or gift from them as a return, I feel sorry for you.

I never insinuated that you'll get a pat on the back from them, I was merely pointing out my take on how moderators present themselves - not just this forum - other forums too.

(05-23-2013, 03:19 PM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]For every one post asking for an update there are five from people telling us to do something better with our time Dodgy

I think we're over-dramatising Dan's reply here; no one to my knowledge contacted TCR or FG directly during this whine-fest so his reply was voluntary and I appreciate that he took the time to do it. And the ironic thing is, his reply is exactly what people were asking for and even he didn't seem to realise that. If someone had just told us "we're still bug fixing" that would have been more than enough. To my mind it wasn't the people requesting info who were being the pains in the ass, it was the people who were constantly replying with shit like the previous poster who were riling everyone up.

You're exactly right, his reply was voluntary - at least from what I know it was and I appreciate the fact that he went out of his way to do it. I fail to see why some of the people that come on here have a propensity to get worked up over some curious fans just asking what's going on, as though it's wrong to ask such things, how dare the people who are curious about something speak their mind, they deserve to be belittled and reprimanded for wanting information; it's against the rules to ask questions! I like you Paddy, you're a good member and you're always switched on.
(05-23-2013, 03:19 PM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]For every one post asking for an update there are five from people telling us to do something better with our time Dodgy

This.

That's really all the needed to tell us, I'm perfectly satisfied with what Dan said. That'll keep me content for a good long while.

In retrospect, I figure the reason we don't really hear anything at all from the dev team is developers almost never communicate directly with the consumers. FG obviously doesn't have any sort of marketing or customer service team that understands how to keep the consumer happy and what they want, only devs.

I suppose I can't blame them for not updating us much, since that's not really their job per se, but I think something like what Dan said every now and again is more than fair to expect.
I believe that the majority of us just wanted an update like that from Dan. Someone telling us how the situation is being handled right now, and what kind of stuff to do.

A company telling consumers: "We can't give you updates." is going to annoy many. Telling us exactly why such as Dan explained is much better.

And if any of you guys that are trying to act tough saying "Get outside once in a while" give me or anybody else s&%t at this point you should spend your time doing something else and "Get outside once in a while." You guys are being as immature as the others. Just trying to ride a high horse.
(05-23-2013, 04:00 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]You're exactly right, his reply was voluntary - at least from what I know it was and I appreciate the fact that he went out of his way to do it. I fail to see why some of the people that come on here have a propensity to get worked up over some curious fans just asking what's going on, as though it's wrong to ask such things, how dare the people who are curious about something speak their mind, they deserve to be belittled and reprimanded for wanting information; it's against the rules to ask questions! I like you Paddy, you're a good member and you're always switched on.

We come on here saying the things we did not because "oh, he's curious, better tell him to shut his mouth!" No. I mean damn, I like to think we are the most calm and reasonable batch of mods on the web compared to other places. But that's another topic... It was the way some members can't seem to control themselves over something they already know. You guys know they're working bugs out, polishing the game. Yet you guys were saying you may PM Jens asking for an update. Which is when I thought it was getting a bit ridiculous, and asked you guys to relax and wait. And what did Dan post? That they were still working bugs and optimizing. Nothing new. Yet somehow you guys are pleased... I'm confused. I mean, if it's enough to cool you down, that's great, but I still don't see what the fuss is. I thought we already knew this is what they were doing.

(05-23-2013, 04:42 PM)Randomguy9900 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that the majority of us just wanted an update like that from Dan. Someone telling us how the situation is being handled right now, and what kind of stuff to do.

A company telling consumers: "We can't give you updates." is going to annoy many. Telling us exactly why such as Dan explained is much better.

And if any of you guys that are trying to act tough saying "Get outside once in a while" give me or anybody else s&%t at this point you should spend your time doing something else and "Get outside once in a while." You guys are being as immature as the others. Just trying to ride a high horse.

I spend most of my time on my laptop, I admit it. I'm not asking people to "go outside and get a life", certainly not. I'm simply asking you guys to find something to pass the time rather than sit here waiting for an update that isn't really any news... =\
How about we all shut up and look at this fucking bear instead.

[Image: Polar-Bear.jpg]
Finally, a letter from Dan Pinchbeck saying the truth about Frictionalgames not ignoring us. Well done Dan. Smile
(05-23-2013, 07:17 PM)EnderShorts Wrote: [ -> ]How about we all shut up and look at this fucking bear instead.

[Image: Polar-Bear.jpg]

so... CUTE!!!
Angel