Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I get the OK from a moderator I'll post it Big Grin

I should mention that one thing of interest was said in the article; there will be some puzzles based around steam-powered machinery. I think we already assumed that would be the case though.
Actually,I just read the article.It is really interesting!
Is there anyway to read it without buying a magazine subscription (legally)?
I don't want to be a downer but you're really not missing anything; it's all been covered extensively before. The article talks about how AAMFP has flavours of both Dear Esther and Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and how Frictional were looking for exactly that kind of cross-pollination (and are apparently happy with the result). It also talks about how oldschool Amnesia players won't get away with the same tricks and tactics they became so accustomed to in ATDD. It mentions that some of puzzles will involve steam-powered machinery.

That's about the height of it, it's only two pages long and most of the space is filled with screenshots. You can get the same info from the following free articles:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/...e-amnesia/

http://gamingbolt.com/amnesia-a-machine-...-pinchbeck

http://gamestar.ru/english/amnesia_a_mac...eng_2.html
(05-23-2013, 05:56 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]We come on here saying the things we did not because "oh, he's curious, better tell him to shut his mouth!" No. I mean damn, I like to think we are the most calm and reasonable batch of mods on the web compared to other places. But that's another topic... It was the way some members can't seem to control themselves over something they already know. You guys know they're working bugs out, polishing the game. Yet you guys were saying you may PM Jens asking for an update. Which is when I thought it was getting a bit ridiculous, and asked you guys to relax and wait. And what did Dan post? That they were still working bugs and optimizing. Nothing new. Yet somehow you guys are pleased... I'm confused. I mean, if it's enough to cool you down, that's great, but I still don't see what the fuss is. I thought we already knew this is what they were doing.

A few people were saying that we should PM Jens and I agree that an idea like that was out of hand, I wouldn't have contacted Jens; it isn't my prerogative to do so, in regards to Dan posting I think Paddy already covered that:
The game was said to have been largely completed 3 months ago and more info was promised after that which has yet to surface. It's not unreasonable to expect an update of some kind, especially as we're coming into the final stretch of the proposed release window. I don't think FG is obliged to tell us anything, I don't blame them for the disheartening effect of the silence, it's just a fact that I and others here crave more info which apparently ain't coming.
This here is a valid point, I didn't know they were still bug testing, for all I know they may have given it a break - which is unlikely. If you're perfectly happy with the lack in communication that's fine but personally it made me question what was going on. We're happy to hear from Dan because he confirmed that they were still bug testing, it's nice to have something to go on mainly because I didn't think bug testing takes this long, again it doesn't hurt to know things like this, we didn't ask for a release date we just wanted to know the games position in the development process.
(05-23-2013, 10:47 PM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]If I get the OK from a moderator I'll post it Big Grin

Just do it, it won't harm anybody.
And whats the big feature in AAMFP Dan mentioned?
(05-24-2013, 07:11 AM)Deep One Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2013, 10:47 PM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]If I get the OK from a moderator I'll post it Big Grin

Just do it, it won't harm anybody.

If the magazine is subscription-based it would be wise not to. Usually the writers don't like such actions and Jens will have to remove the picture. A similar thing happened with some images from a photographer a while back.
(05-24-2013, 12:14 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]If the magazine is subscription-based it would be wise not to. Usually the writers don't like such actions and Jens will have to remove the picture. A similar thing happened with some images from a photographer a while back.

Yeah, this was my concern; at the moment it seems to be a PC Gamer exclusive screenshot so I doubt they'd take too kindly to me sharing it with everyone. It's got watermarks and text over it too, so there's no way to not know it's from PC Gamer haha. It's nothing too exciting anyway, just a dark, gloomy corridor with a few thick electrical cables swooping down from the ceiling at regular intervals.

I'm sure it'll find its way online though.
Jessica Curry posted this,so it should be right to post it here too. https://twitter.com/jessicacurry2/status...24/photo/1