Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-25-2013, 01:16 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]I discovered another freelance artist who has worked on AAMFP (David Satzinger) and added him to the Information Portal, but when I was checking out his DeviantArt page I found something very interesting. It's a piece of now-abandoned concept art he did for Frictional Games in late 2012 (Super Secret Project era):

http://sethnemo.deviantart.com/art/Frict...-371881740

I wonder what the fuck this game is about! I know it's an "abandoned" piece of work but it must have been relevant to the project at some stage.

Let's over-analyse it for the next 6 months! Big Grin

Wow! How did you find that?
Those screenshots in PCgamer magazine look gorgeous *_*
(05-25-2013, 07:44 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote: [ -> ]Those screenshots in PCgamer magazine look gorgeous *_*

You can see full-sized versions in the Information Portal (well, except for the new one mentioned in previous posts).

Just noticed your username - Pumpkins fan? Big Grin
Damn it!I had another dream about AAMFP!I am going crazy...
(05-25-2013, 08:49 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]Damn it!I had another dream about AAMFP!I am going crazy...

Same here! I Swear i was playing AAMFP and some sort of Pig Monster with meat hooks attacked me.
(05-21-2013, 10:36 PM)Ossie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm mainly annoyed at the lack of information from Frictional - it's pretty poor customer relations from a developer with so many fans, and it's those same fans who helped to promote the game and make Frictional a very large amount of money.

FG and TCR aren't huge studios with loads of people who can spare a lot of time to answer community questions, the core team of Pigs is under 15 people at PEAK development times. If they started to come on and answer questions then it's a huge waste of time that would could be concentrated on the game.

It's not poor customer relations at all, it's actually putting the project first so that the fans get the best experience. It's in fact the opposite of poor customer relations.
I was one of those hoping for updates from FG but I want to distance myself from the people who were attacking them, and I'm certain I'm not alone in that respect.

And I don't think you get enough credit for posting here, Samuel. You're always willing to talk to even the most dickish among us! Thank you for your continued input, it's always helpful and interesting.
Well, until somebody posted this

(05-03-2013, 08:40 PM)Mehis Wrote: [ -> ]Now, just imagine AAMFP being a complete flop and FG is now trying to fix their stuff.

Good times.

I was quite intrigued by the lack of updates. But thank you Dan and Samuel for the news, much more appreciated than you seem to think.
Nevermind...
(05-26-2013, 02:13 PM)Alexmaru Wrote: [ -> ]Who is chineseroom ?

Can we trust him?

....Wat?