Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-27-2013, 05:46 PM)Solitary Walker Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2013, 04:21 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the information, Jens, it's much appreciated! So much is being done at once, it's really interesting reading stuff like this. Unfortunately Australian weather is a little miserable at the moment, I at least have something to look forward to. Smile

Where in Australia mate? Sydney? Melbourne?

Sydney but I'm not located in the city.
(05-27-2013, 04:39 PM)EvilMacaroni Wrote: [ -> ]So can someone briefly summarize what we know and what we speculate about the release date?
I have read several different things with no official confirmation anywhere.
Thanks!

Jens just officially confirmed that the game will come out somewhere near the end of the summer. Read a couple pages back for his post.

As for what we know: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-21294.html
Does anyone know about how long this game will be? I know it started out as a small project, but will it be TDD long like perhaps 10 hours or shorter like 4 hours?
(05-28-2013, 12:41 AM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know about how long this game will be? I know it started out as a small project, but will it be TDD long like perhaps 10 hours or shorter like 4 hours?

During the Q&A Dan Pinchbeck estimated that the game will take about 5 - 6 hours to complete (depending on how you play the game, of course). See the above link Wink
(05-28-2013, 12:53 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2013, 12:41 AM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know about how long this game will be? I know it started out as a small project, but will it be TDD long like perhaps 10 hours or shorter like 4 hours?

During the Q&A Dan Pinchbeck estimated that the game will take about 5 - 6 hours to complete (depending on how you play the game, of course). See the above link Wink

Thanks, that clears things up - hopefully it'll be just as enjoyable! They're gonna have to bring in some new stuff if they want people to be scared, a lot of people who played through Amnesia kind of got used to it and don't find it as scary anymore.
(05-28-2013, 01:19 AM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, that clears things up - hopefully it'll be just as enjoyable! They're gonna have to bring in some new stuff if they want people to be scared, a lot of people who played through Amnesia kind of got used to it and don't find it as scary anymore.

They've been confirming that there will be stuff in AAMFP that will surprise even TDD players for a long time now.
Does anyone know if AAMFP will require Steam? Please tell me it won't.
(05-28-2013, 04:24 AM)Kotch Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if AAMFP will require Steam? Please tell me it won't.

No, it won't require Steam.
Nice.
I suggest we close the thread until august then.
(05-28-2013, 08:20 AM)Kein Wrote: [ -> ]Nice.
I suggest we close the thread until august then.

No. There might be an update on the aamfp.com website.