Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think he is a little bit trolling ...
(06-05-2013, 03:49 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]I think he is a little bit trolling ...

Paddy or Jens? Wink Wink
Thank you Jens. Alright about the no CS thing since it would be the same as Amnesia. The important question is though:

Will we be able to take pig assets and add them to amnesia mods with the proper credits? For example, take that walking person from the pigs trailer and add it to an Amnesia story.
(06-05-2013, 04:00 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Alright about the no CS thing since it is the same as Amnesia.

It's not the same - there are plenty of Custom Stories for ATDD. Smile
I know that, so what? It's the same engine, you won't really benefit from making stories there. If the assets were available for Amnesia, you could do the same stuff.
(06-05-2013, 04:08 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]I know that, so what? It's the same engine, you won't really benefit from making stories there. If the assets were available for Amnesia, you could do the same stuff.

It has better support for 3DS MAX, I was really looking forward to making custom content, so no it's not quite the same engine.

I should also point this out:
(06-05-2013, 04:00 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Will we be able to take pig assets and add them to amnesia mods with the proper credits? For example, take that walking person from the pigs trailer and add it to an Amnesia story.

I'm assuming you can but it will be a total bitch to do because most of the props were made in 3DS MAX, the engine the new game was made in was modified (I believe) because TCR uses 3DS MAX, so they needed a way of getting props in without all the problems that HPL2 causes when you implement new props as HPL2 has better support for Maya.

So if the engine isn't released and you try to import AAMFP assets into TDD's engine you will have problems.
(06-05-2013, 04:08 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]I know that, so what? It's the same engine, you won't really benefit from making stories there. If the assets were available for Amnesia, you could do the same stuff.

A slight misunderstanding on my behalf - I thought you were saying that lack of CS support in AAMFP wasn't a big deal as ATDD also didn't support custom stories.
After you finish the game what will you do? wait a couple of years for the next one? or enjoy some custom stories?
I wonder if the lack of custom story support is because of time constraints or because the HPL2.5 engine just doesn't allow it. Hopefully it's just a time/resource issue and in the future a patch will add support for it.

Given how much credit FG gave to the custom story "community" for making the original game so widely known (and therefore so widely purchased) it's strange that they've scrapped the whole idea for AAMFP. It's like lopping off one of your racehorse's legs before the race even starts. On the bright side it does mean there'll be significantly less Let's Play spam.

EDIT: Unrelated but interesting tweet from Thomas:

https://twitter.com/ThomasGrip/statuses/...4605698048

EDIT #2: Jens' forum post (not the last one, the one before) made the news:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/indie/amnesia-ma...ummer-bbqs
(06-05-2013, 04:28 PM)Sarcophagus Wrote: [ -> ]After you finish the game what will you do? wait a couple of years for the next one? or enjoy some custom stories?

Enjoy Amnesia custom stories, nothing changes.

And if the models are collada again (of course they will) it does not matter from which program they were exported. The pigs use Amnesia stuff, Maya exports will work as intended.