Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-01-2013, 12:30 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2013, 05:23 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]The screenshots are good dark. I really enjoy horror games with dark environments. I want to use my lantern or flash light so walk around. And a dark locations automatically means better atmosphere and more horror. There will be also bright areas also, but I want more dark. Nice to see black darkness in the game! TCR did a good job!

"Dark locations automatically means better atmosphere" you clearly haven't played Bioshock Infinite. (Mostly) very bright settings, very ideologically horrifying.

By your logic, I could take the shittiest horror game you could think of, turn down the gamma, and "automatically" have a better, scarier game. Appropriate darkness supports these classic survival horror games, yes, but they do not necessarily "automatically" create a better atmosphere and better horror.

(04-30-2013, 10:43 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2013, 07:30 PM)Dclayne Wrote: [ -> ]In an interview, Dan said that he loves Russian literature, who his favorite authors? What he likes about Russian literature ?
If he had the opportunity to make a game based on the book, what book it was? And what genre ?

Will thechineseroom develop games for ios?
Is there a desire and ideas for a new project in the genre of horror?( may be for ios Wink ,or another portable device ? )
No and again NO.
You have to play as intended how could you play as intended with noise around you on a low quality small screen with junk speakers (headphones solves this) still smart phones are no good for these kind of games.

Ios might not be great for horror games, but good horror games on these platforms do exist. Go buy Year Walk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVz_MhMsAvs) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8l1Wag19eg). It's a real gem of a game. Download, play, and then come back and tell me smart phones aren't good for horror games.
A wonderful game with interesting gameplay mechanics, deep and full of atmosphere, truly a gem. I played it in the early morning with a cup of coffee and still shiver ran down my spine. Idea
(04-30-2013, 10:32 AM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2013, 08:00 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2013, 04:58 AM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: [ -> ]Well darn, I'm going to be fast asleep during the time of the Q&A where I live Sad, well hopefully I can come in and read the Q&A results when I wake up.

I know how you feel, I can't say I'm too disappointed though, I'm sure there will be some intriguing questions and answers to see the next day.

If you wan't to ask any questions,just say them to me and i will ask them if you can't.Big Grin

Well, I'd mostly like to know about how the game is coming along in terms of lighting, character mechanics, etc... Like with the lantern or graphics and sound / noises, stuff like that that's non-spoiler, and really like most everyone else, I'm eager to get the game in my hands, but I know he won't give a release date since it is in FG's hands now. I don't think we're getting that quite yet.

Some questions perhaps I might ask if I could be there are: How will Oswald's take on being afraid compare to Daniel's, will the panicked noises we heard in the game trailer be used or have they been trimmed down?

Could you tell us anything more about the monster's intelligence compared to the Grunts and Brutes? I'm certain this time around we'll need to do more than simply find a closet to hide in.

Will there be a possible game soundtrack we could buy, too? Or any other things: shirts, accessories, etc... to go with the franchise? I'd love that a lot.

So stuff like that Smile That's all I can think of right now.
(05-01-2013, 12:30 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: [ -> ]"Dark locations automatically means better atmosphere" you clearly haven't played Bioshock Infinite. (Mostly) very bright settings, very ideologically horrifying.

By your logic, I could take the shittiest horror game you could think of, turn down the gamma, and "automatically" have a better, scarier game. Appropriate darkness supports these classic survival horror games, yes, but they do not necessarily "automatically" create a better atmosphere and better horror.

That's YOUR logic, not MINE.
Well, I haven't played Bioshock Infinite, because it is an AAA action game and ego shooter. Not the experience I expect in a game.
Every game has its own atmosphere, but horror games should mostly be dark. Or why we did a Penumbra Pitch Black Patch? Dark areas are very important. That doesn't mean the full game should be in darkness, but when you can't see everything around, there will be more tension. Also, there is night at the screenshots.

Remember the storage room in Amnesia, where you got enveloped into sticky darkness. That was a very good atmosphere blow.
(05-01-2013, 10:22 AM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I haven't played Bioshock Infinite, because it is an AAA action game and ego shooter

Ur rite.. only unintellegent plebs like thomas grip play such storyless cod-clones like bishok...
(05-01-2013, 05:24 AM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2013, 10:32 AM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2013, 08:00 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2013, 04:58 AM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: [ -> ]Well darn, I'm going to be fast asleep during the time of the Q&A where I live Sad, well hopefully I can come in and read the Q&A results when I wake up.

I know how you feel, I can't say I'm too disappointed though, I'm sure there will be some intriguing questions and answers to see the next day.

If you wan't to ask any questions,just say them to me and i will ask them if you can't.Big Grin

Well, I'd mostly like to know about how the game is coming along in terms of lighting, character mechanics, etc... Like with the lantern or graphics and sound / noises, stuff like that that's non-spoiler, and really like most everyone else, I'm eager to get the game in my hands, but I know he won't give a release date since it is in FG's hands now. I don't think we're getting that quite yet.

Some questions perhaps I might ask if I could be there are: How will Oswald's take on being afraid compare to Daniel's, will the panicked noises we heard in the game trailer be used or have they been trimmed down?

Could you tell us anything more about the monster's intelligence compared to the Grunts and Brutes? I'm certain this time around we'll need to do more than simply find a closet to hide in.

Will there be a possible game soundtrack we could buy, too? Or any other things: shirts, accessories, etc... to go with the franchise? I'd love that a lot.

So stuff like that Smile That's all I can think of right now.

Ok!I will ask them!
(05-01-2013, 10:22 AM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2013, 12:30 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: [ -> ]"Dark locations automatically means better atmosphere" you clearly haven't played Bioshock Infinite. (Mostly) very bright settings, very ideologically horrifying.

That's YOUR logic, not MINE.
Well, I haven't played Bioshock Infinite, because it is an AAA action game and ego shooter. Not the experience I expect in a game.
Every game has its own atmosphere, but horror games should mostly be dark. Or why we did a Penumbra Pitch Black Patch? Dark areas are very important. That doesn't mean the full game should be in darkness, but when you can't see everything around, there will be more tension. Also, there is night at the screenshots.

Remember the storage room in Amnesia, where you got enveloped into sticky darkness. That was a very good atmosphere blow.

(05-01-2013, 10:57 AM)Deep One Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2013, 10:22 AM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I haven't played Bioshock Infinite, because it is an AAA action game and ego shooter

Ur rite.. only unintellegent plebs like thomas grip play such storyless cod-clones like bishok...
I found it a pretty good game don't see what the dislike is about.
The amount of mind twisting in the story is decent also it has fast paced gameplay which still is non linear.(except for the scripted choices which don't change fuck about the outcome)
(05-01-2013, 11:11 AM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]

The amount of mind twisting in the story is decent also it has fast paced gameplay which still is non linear.(except for the scripted choices which don't change fuck about the outcome)

I was being sarcastic and tried to annoy googol Tongue I loved Bioshock Infinite
(05-01-2013, 11:19 AM)Deep One Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2013, 11:11 AM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]

I was being sarcastic and tried to annoy googol Tongue I loved Bioshock Infinite
I'm glad
in http://thechineseroom.co.uk/
there is a message in the head where it's written "We are re-branding, please check back soon!"

Wow, it'll be updated I guess with news from amfp? O.O
maybe after the Q&A!
Hi, I'm new.
Since I'll be stuck in school during today's Q&A (I hate time zones), would someone be willing to ask if there are any plans to release a demo of this game before the actual release?
I just want to try the demo out beforehand, so I can see how well the game runs on my current computer. The Dark Descent was able to run on low to medium settings, but I had a lot of lag issues. Since then we've upgraded some things, so our computer runs faster. I'd just like to see if this makes any difference beforehand, so I'm not stuck buying and installing the game, only to find it won't run.