Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't know if this has been noted, but Jessica recently said on twitter that she: 1) wrote the lyrics to the soundtrack, and 2) will release said lyrics at some point, but wants to see if we can figure it out first.

GET A MOVE ON LATIN HEADS. Big Grin
Yes, that is true, there is really something to discover. Thank you Jess Big Grin
(06-16-2013, 02:06 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]I hope Jess doesn't mind but I chopped the song up into digestible sentences and also added copies of each part with some tweaking to make it easier to hear the vocals. Here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?29wouukzxntl9qq [5.18 MB]

Thanks so much for this Paddy, very useful Smile

I've listened to the song so many times in order to try to guess the Latin, that I had to take a break from it for a few days... But reading Jessica's post on Twitter gave me motivation to keep trying!

So this is what I got until now (not much progress since my last post...). Not sure about anything, except the Mors praematura part of course, lol:

Mors praematura
Cladem mortiferam infligere
Habitet patre ___________
Mundus ___________________
Memento mori, memento mori

Come on guys, we can do this... I think Blush
(06-20-2013, 06:32 PM)NanaPharcyde Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know if this has been noted, but Jessica recently said on twitter that she: 1) wrote the lyrics to the soundtrack, and 2) will release said lyrics at some point, but wants to see if we can figure it out first.

GET A MOVE ON LATIN HEADS. Big Grin

Well I made an attempt, no one else has really contributed much since then.

It'd be considerably easier if we could understand what the singer was singing.

(06-20-2013, 07:51 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: [ -> ]So this is what I got until now (not much progress since my last post...). Not sure about anything, except the Mors praematura part of course, lol:

See my previous post about "memento mori." (http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid237809 ) Pretty safe to say it's part of the lyrics.
I tried to translate it.
For some words I used Google Translator, because I didn't know them in english.

early death,
Inflict deadly disaster,
father lives ______
world ______
remember about death, remember about death

Tell me if there are any mistakes.

And something else...

Spoiler below!
Well, maybe this song is about the expedition to Mexico, which has ended by tragedy? In the picture #2 on aamfp site there was a house, with a man in one window and two children in other window. Maybe these kids were Oswald's children, then he took them to a "trip" to Mexico, he discovered somekind of power like and orb in TDD and then the curse appeared, and killed his children. MAYBE Oswald got insane and started experimenting on this energy using people, because he discovered something like vitae in TDD to resurrect his children? These are only my guesses.
Sure lacking ability to do custom stories would not matter for a most people who are going to play the sequel but we still gotta remember that it was the reason why Youtube made the series so popular in the first place. It would be silly to remove that feature considering that game is built upon the previous one in the series which still allows to do custom stories and in a sense is better value by that way.
(06-21-2013, 07:25 AM)Clord Wrote: [ -> ]Sure lacking ability to do custom stories would not matter for a most people who are going to play the sequel but we still gotta remember that it was the reason why Youtube made the series so popular in the first place. It would be silly to remove that feature considering that game is built upon the previous one in the series which still allows to do custom stories and in a sense is better value by that way.

Okay think about this guys.

We wanted penumbra in our custom stories, so we converted them over.
We wanted special things in our custom stories, so we made Full Conversion's

If we want entities and static objects from AAMFP we will convert them! If we want some special feature that the 2.5 HPL engine offers, We will find a workaround with script!

We are the frictional games community and we don't need no easy way out!!

Although it would be nice....
Kind of relevant to this topic as they have done most of the work on Pigs ..... only just noticed that thechineseroom is no longer called thechineseroom - it's The Chinese Room.

How did I miss that? Smile

http://thechineseroom.co.uk/blog/welcome-to-the-new-us/
(06-21-2013, 07:25 AM)Clord Wrote: [ -> ]Sure lacking ability to do custom stories would not matter for a most people who are going to play the sequel but we still gotta remember that it was the reason why Youtube made the series so popular in the first place. It would be silly to remove that feature considering that game is built upon the previous one in the series which still allows to do custom stories and in a sense is better value by that way.

Completely agree. Think about it, how much time would you spend with Amnesia if you only had the vanilla SP to play through? Its not really something you can play lots of as its not as scary when you know what will happen. I have put 113 hours into Amnesia because of custom stories, that number would be around 6 - 7 without them.

Have Frictional/TCR actually provided a reason why CS arent supported? Is it possible they could be added post release?
I believe time and resources.