Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-22-2013, 11:58 PM)Bonehead Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously? I hope to god you have some serious dynamic setups through this game. AADD is not a game you can really play more than once and still experience it. Whoever had made this decision/hasn't though of a way to make it possible should be sat in a corner. This dropped off of my very small buy list immediately. No thanks. I'll get it on a $2 steam sale down the road. Sorry.

Source: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid236182

Speak for yourself. Even my third playthrough of Amnesia was as excellent as the first one, and I am sure many more will agree with me. Considering mods for this game, I haven't played a single one, nor do I care much about them. There are surely some good ones but probably majority of them are half-baked watered down or pure crap products. Calling it a big a part of the whole game is a very over the top statement.

(06-23-2013, 12:34 PM)Gunslingerjh Wrote: [ -> ]Just be patient for their next full fledged sci-fi game. They will probably implement CS in there.
AAMFP is basically the same as TDD, just some minor tweaks and stuff. What you'll probably be able to do, is grab the textures/models from AAMFP and use them for new TDD custom stories.

How the hell do you now it will be a full fledged sci-fi game? Because you've seen one picture that has alien looking spiders?
AAMFP has:

1. Tweaked monster AI
2. New models and textures
3. Tweaked lighting system (I might be wrong)

and the list goes on
[/quote]

This. Everything is supposedly working much better. More scripting options as well. And to the gentleman that said everything has been replaced. I beg to differ. I've seen MANY screenshots. They have added a lot. But a lot from TDD still remains. Doors, walls, paintings, candles, blah blah.. I've seen a lot still there. Just feels like a custom campaign with custom work put into it as of now. Custom stories were a very large part of TDD. I was a blatant option in their main menu. Very overly used.

What made amnesia so great to me is that it constantly scared the piss out of me, unlike every other half baked horror game on the market. One problem with every horror game though, they aren't scary the second time. Custom stories come through and add that bit of replayability to players that want it. Also there are tons of great custom stories that pay homage to the original game. I do don't play flying naked people campaigns. I've played many cs's though... They're good for the game's health. Also, with the game being shorter, and having less to offer, it's going to become a problem. All those let's play watchers are going to see it, and just torrent it. Nobody wants to pay for a custom campaign.
Has anybody wondered of translating the music from the halloween trailer?

EDIT: Ah ok i didn't hear it the first time thanks Zgroktar
It is basically Kyrie Elesion and Christe Elesion being repeated, meaning God have mercy/Christ have mercy.
Don't know, if it's already known.
Official AAMFP soundtrack:
http://soundcloud.com/thechineseroom/mors-praematura
(06-23-2013, 12:36 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2013, 11:58 PM)Bonehead Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously? I hope to god you have some serious dynamic setups through this game. AADD is not a game you can really play more than once and still experience it. Whoever had made this decision/hasn't though of a way to make it possible should be sat in a corner. This dropped off of my very small buy list immediately. No thanks. I'll get it on a $2 steam sale down the road. Sorry.

Source: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid236182

Speak for yourself. Even my third playthrough of Amnesia was as excellent as the first one, and I am sure many more will agree with me. Considering mods for this game, I haven't played a single one, nor do I care much about them. There are surely some good ones but probably majority of them are half-baked watered down or pure crap products. Calling it a big a part of the whole game is a very over the top statement.
I replayed ATDD 7 times and still loved it!
(06-23-2013, 03:33 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know, if it's already known.
Official AAMFP soundtrack:
http://soundcloud.com/thechineseroom/mors-praematura

[Image: slowpoke1.png]

I'm not offending you or anything, but can you check the last few pages?
(06-23-2013, 12:54 PM)Bonehead Wrote: [ -> ]I beg to differ. I've seen MANY screenshots. They have added a lot. But a lot from TDD still remains.
I haven't seen MANY screenshots, precisely because there aren't a lot out there. Most of them are back from the first shape of the game, ie. a full conversion, which has now evolved into a full game. Which doesn't mean it'll be that different from TDD in terms of atmosphere. Even better, otherwise I wouldn't be here hanging waiting for AMFP.
I think this ''wait for AAMFP to come'' is tearing our friendship apart mates...

EDIT: Hey you see the letter on the website AAMFP? it must be (kinda) a part of the Mors Praematura song just read it in the same tact as the song
(06-23-2013, 06:39 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]I think this ''wait for AAMFP to come'' is tearing our friendship apart mates...

Who told you about the master plan?