Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-24-2013, 02:56 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2013, 01:05 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2013, 11:52 AM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2013, 11:31 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2013, 10:16 AM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]Jens is probbobly trolling.Making an Amnesia game without a cs support is like making COD game without multiplayer.

You are wrong. COD is made for multiplayer, that's their first and most important job with these series nowadays. Amnesia was made for single-player and the custom story ability was added in a hurry during the end of the development cycle right before release, according to Thomas.
Oh...I didn't know that,but still cs feature is a really imporant part of Amnesia.

Well as i see it CS are not an important part of Amnesia its the story itself, let's say like AAMFP would have some CS support, and would ruin the gameplay story of AAMFP as i see it so i think its better if there is no CS support, mate.

That's a ridiculous thing to say, how could CS support ruin the game? Besides, if you don't like custom stories then don't play them, some of us still enjoy playing them or creating them. Personally I don't play custom stories but I sure love using editors, on top of that I have been planning a project that I wanted to make in the new engine using my own content (model wise.)

I think FC and TCR is making us an favour of not adding an spoiled CS support i mean alright CS is something that is true but i disagree with you, why? I see no reason there to be an CS support to AAMFP i like CS but not in an London/Victorian time themed game and besides AAMFP is like an CS but is at least a lot better, and if you want to play some CS go to ATTD and do it then. Don't like it? Argue then with FC and TCR and not with me mate i just shared my thoughts on how bad looking AAMFP would look like with an CS support. (There is a reason for it and we all know that some fucking 8 year old kids would make Pewdiepie themed custom stories to ruin this game Ah-ah? think before you argue with me)
(06-24-2013, 03:27 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2013, 03:03 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, because there are totally not any other good games out there worth your time.

There may be some other good games out there - I haven't found any yet - but what's wrong with wanting CS support? Lots of people get a kick out of creating custom stories and playing them. If you prefer finding other games to play that's fine but not everyone feels the same way about it as you.

I'm not opposed to CS support, but it's not that big of a deal for me. I was refering to the "after you finish aamfp what will you do? wait for the next game?" part.

Honestly, you people act like bunch of entitled idiots. Some user said that they were gonna torrent it "because they didn't include CS support". Don't you realize how douchy that sounds?
(06-24-2013, 04:15 PM)Gunslingerjh Wrote: [ -> ]You should be thankful they implemented CS in TDD in the first place! What other indie developers do that? I will be buying AAMFP definitely, regardless of CS integration or not.

Where did I say that I'm not thankful? I'm happy that they released modding tools for TDD, unfortunately I can't make models work properly in HPL2 because I use 3DS MAX, HPL2.5 has support for MAX and that's why I would like modding tools for AMFP.

(06-24-2013, 04:18 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2013, 11:52 AM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2013, 11:31 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]You are wrong. COD is made for multiplayer, that's their first and most important job with these series nowadays. Amnesia was made for single-player and the custom story ability was added in a hurry during the end of the development cycle right before release, according to Thomas.
Oh...I didn't know that,but still cs feature is a really imporant part of Amnesia.

Well as i see it CS are not an important part of Amnesia its the story itself, let's say like AAMFP would have some CS support, and would ruin the gameplay story of AAMFP as i see it so i think its better if there is no CS support, mate.

That's a ridiculous thing to say, how could CS support ruin the game? Besides, if you don't like custom stories then don't play them, some of us still enjoy playing them or creating them. Personally I don't play custom stories but I sure love using editors, on top of that I have been planning a project that I wanted to make in the new engine using my own content (model wise.)

I think FC and TCR is making us an favour of not adding an spoiled CS support i mean alright CS is something that is true but i disagree with you, why? I see no reason there to be an CS support to AAMFP i like CS but not in an London/Victorian time themed game and besides AAMFP is like an CS but is at least a lot better, and if you want to play some CS go to ATTD and do it then. Don't like it? Argue then with FC and TCR and not with me mate i just shared my thoughts on how bad looking AAMFP would look like with an CS support. (There is a reason for it and we all know that some fucking 8 year old kids would make Pewdiepie themed custom stories to ruin this game Ah-ah? think before you argue with me)

I hardly understand what you're saying but there are reasons why I'd like CS support for AMFP. I still fail to see your point when you say that CS support somehow makes the game look bad. So some kids make dumb Pewdiepie levels, easy solution: ignore them! There are good CS creators out there, I think you're just seeing the modding community in only one way, some of those kids who do Pewdiepie levels don't make up the rest of the serious CS creators.

(06-24-2013, 04:43 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not opposed to CS support, but it's not that big of a deal for me. I was refering to the "after you finish aamfp what will you do? wait for the next game?" part.

Honestly, you people act like bunch of entitled idiots. Some user said that they were gonna torrent it "because they didn't include CS support". Don't you realize how douchy that sounds?

Where exactly am I being entitled? I'm not demanding CS support, I'm merely giving input as to why I think it's a good idea to keep it. Did you not read any of my previous comments? I'd buy the game regardless of CS support. There are reasons as to why I would love to use the new engine, I have plans to create something serious and I can't do it in HPL2, only their new engine will allow me to create what I hoped to create.
I'm not talking about any specific user, I'm talking about this forum's whiny, entitled, embarrasing, unsatiable and most of all ungrateful attitude towards the devs.

"Why won't they give us information, why don't they give us any screenshots, why are the screenshots so bad give us a new trailer, ew why is the gamma bad, give us new info omfg how dare u delay it even though we want it to be absolutely perfect in every aspectgive us new info omfg y no cs support i hate you imma torrent your game change my diaper please!!!!!!1111one!"

I'm not saying that you should praise the devs unconditionally, but this has gone on for the entire development time.

Calm the fuck down.
(06-24-2013, 04:47 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2013, 04:15 PM)Gunslingerjh Wrote: [ -> ]You should be thankful they implemented CS in TDD in the first place! What other indie developers do that? I will be buying AAMFP definitely, regardless of CS integration or not.

Where did I say that I'm not thankful? I'm happy that they released modding tools for TDD, unfortunately I can't make models work properly in HPL2 because I use 3DS MAX, HPL2.5 has support for MAX and that's why I would like modding tools for AMFP.

(06-24-2013, 04:18 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2013, 11:52 AM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]Oh...I didn't know that,but still cs feature is a really imporant part of Amnesia.

I hardly understand what you're saying but there are reasons why I'd like CS support for AMFP. I still fail to see your point when you say that CS support somehow makes the game look bad. So some kids make dumb Pewdiepie levels, easy solution: ignore them! There are good CS creators out there, I think you're just seeing the modding community in only one way, some of those kids who do Pewdiepie levels don't make up the rest of the serious CS creators.
Well if you don't understand it then i fully respect that, i simply can't argue with someone ''who is an expert at this'' complaining about an normal game not having CS support.
(06-24-2013, 05:23 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not talking about any specific user, I'm talking about this forum's whiny, entitled, embarrasing, unsatiable and most of all ungrateful attitude towards the devs.

"Why won't they give us information, why don't they give us any screenshots, why are the screenshots so bad give us a new trailer, ew why is the gamma bad, give us new info omfg how dare u delay it even though we want it to be absolutely perfect in every aspectgive us new info omfg y no cs support i hate you imma torrent your game change my diaper please!!!!!!1111one!"

I'm not saying that you should praise the devs unconditionally, but this has gone on for the entire development time.

Calm the fuck down.

In regards to wanting 'more information' I think you completely missed the point as to what some of us were asking for but that's over with now.

I'm not 'calmed up' I have reasons as to why CS support will be great for this game and my intention is not to seem 'entitled' or anything, I don't hound the developers for anything it's up to them not me. It's rather disappointing spending nearly a year planning a decent CS idea and finding out that it's not going to happen, from my perspective I have assets I can't use, a storyline I can't use; waisted effort. Pardon me for being disappointed.
Yes, but CS isn't a central part of AMFP so I don't really see why people throw tantrums. And I honestly don't see how you can't realise your CS in TDD (minus the assets ofc).
(06-24-2013, 05:47 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but CS isn't a central part of AMFP so I don't really see why people throw tantrums. And I honestly don't see how you can't realise your CS in TDD (minus the assets ofc).

I have already gone over this, CS support isn't the only reason why I want the game. Again, HPL2 doesn't support 3DS MAX, HPL2.5 does, on top of that HPL2.5 supports Maya too I think, if I could get my assets to work in TDD I wouldn't be here giving reasons as to why CS support would be good. HPL2.5 has extra support, 3DS MAX users can use 3DS MAX to make models that actually look good and Maya users can use Maya. Maya is a program mainly used for movies anyway, MAX is better for games and has more support.

Minus the assets? My assets are what make up my CS, TDD doesn't have anything in common with what I planned to create.
I will still buy it no matter what.It is just sad that so many people are going to be dissapointed.
(06-24-2013, 06:21 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]I will still buy it no matter what.It is just sad that so many people are going to be dissapointed.

It's probably for the best anyways... or?