Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How exactly is this Q&A taking place anyhow?

I assume that a new thread will be created where we just put in questions and Dan types in answers where he can?
1. PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS ANSWERS DURING Q&A.
It will clog the Q&A flow and make it hard to read not just for newcomers but for game journalists as well. You can discuss all the answers later.

2. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM RE-ASKING THE SAME QUESTION MORE THAN TWICE.
Developers will dedicate few hours especially for this event and I doubt they will miss even a single question. If they didn't answer it - there must be a reason for that.

3. PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR RELEASE DATE DIRECTLY!!!
Because developers themselves asked to do not do so. TheChineseRoom does not know release date. Only Frictional Team knows it and they WON'T be answering question during Q&A.
(05-01-2013, 10:57 AM)Deep One Wrote: [ -> ]Ur rite.. only unintellegent plebs like thomas grip play such storyless cod-clones like bishok...

Please don't understand me wrong. I watched gameplay videos of Infinite and think the game has a very unique and awesome atmosphere. I like the flying houses and steampunk/modern/sci-fi/cyberpunk setting-mix!

But the game seems to become ruined when shooting down monsters and following "hints" through the story. There are arrows on the ground showing the direction you should walk etc. Pop-up messages are on the screen and give you quests. A Quest is also a video game typical element that breaks immersion! The game turns into a action shooter and that kills all the awesome atmosphere. In my opinion. There is a lot of potential, but the whole game turns into a further mainstream fail.
(05-01-2013, 01:22 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2013, 10:57 AM)Deep One Wrote: [ -> ]Ur rite.. only unintellegent plebs like thomas grip play such storyless cod-clones like bishok...

Please don't understand me wrong. I watched gameplay videos of Infinite and think the game has a very unique and awesome atmosphere. I like the flying houses and steampunk/modern/sci-fi/cyberpunk setting-mix!

But the game seems to become ruined when shooting down monsters and following "hints" through the story. There are arrows on the ground showing the direction you should walk etc. Pop-up messages are on the screen and give you quests. A Quest is also a video game typical element that breaks immersion! The game turns into a action shooter and that kills all the awesome atmosphere. In my opinion. There is a lot of potential, but the whole game turns into a further mainstream fail.
You watched gameplay well that is where you went wrong I guess never watch gameplay videos!
Btw you can dissable the HUD and it is locked story line so the quest just tell you what to do except for the 5 that are optional
Yeah, the Q&A is at 21.00 for me Big Grin

Kinda lucky that I live so close to their timezone ^^
(05-01-2013, 01:22 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]

There is a difficulty level called "1999-mode", it disables hints and navigation arrows and---
oh, I think we've derailed this thread enough. Now back to topic.

I got a feeling that they're going to announce the release date today. At the last minute, Dan or Thomas or whoever says 'btw, I almost forgot. we're going to release the game tomorrow'
(05-01-2013, 01:08 PM)Kein Wrote: [ -> ]1. PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS ANSWERS DURING QA.
It will clog the QA flow and make it hard to read not just for newcomers but for game journalists as well. You can discuss all the answers later.

QA=/=Q&A
13.00 - 14.00 PM for me. I'll be active for dis shit.
Tiger:
fixed
Just re-read the announcement message, "for a period not exceeding thirty (30) minutes."

Seems awfully short for a Q/A session...

Pretty sure I have the conversion right, but it's 2 1/2 hours from now right?