Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Plagam mortiferam infligere means "to inflict a deadly wound".

According to one of the latinists at the Latin Discussion Forum, "the lines are syntactically isolated from one another", so I guess the lyrics are more like a collage of Latin expressions rather than a coherent text.

Edit: For those interested, you can follow the discussion here:

http://latindiscussion.com/forum/latin/m...ong.17892/
Habitet patre(s?) ___________ petrera? Sounds something like that. (Also, it's more 'habitat' than 'habitet' to my ear. Habitet = dwell, habitat = dwells.)

Habilitat ___________ this also sounds like 'patres', which would mean fathers or senators. (Habilitat = habilitates.)

(Used Google transalator though, lol.)
(06-29-2013, 05:22 PM)Sampyli Wrote: [ -> ]Habitet patre(s?) ___________ petrera? Sounds something like that. (Also, it's more 'habitat' than 'habitet' to my ear. Habitet = dwell, habitat = dwells.)

Habilitat ___________ this also sounds like 'patres', which would mean fathers or senators. (Habilitat = habilitates.)

(Used Google transalator though, lol.)

Mors praematura

Plagam mortiferam infligere

Habitatkatre, fletretra?...

Mundus vult decipi

Memento mori, memento mori

Mors praematura, mors praematura
(06-29-2013, 03:17 PM)felixmole Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2013, 02:55 PM)GrAVit Wrote: [ -> ]The rest of the feedback is all about the quality of the game.
ie. CS support is more important than the main game?

No, I'm saying that the game will get some criticism for having no CS support but that's just a part of the game. The rest is all up to the campaign's quality.
If these are not the lyrics(es) i don't know what is...

EXAMPLE 1:

premature death

Inflict deadly side

Dwell father weeping

The world wants to be deceived

Remember the death, remember to die

Premature death, premature death

-------------------------------------------------------------
EXAMPLE 2:

premature death

Inflict deadly side

father lives

-------------------------------------------------------------
EXAMPLE 3:

premature death

Inflict deadly side

Dwell dwell father

I simply hate all the latin languages. Yes, that includes my mother language xD.
Anyway, I think "Plagam mortiferam infligere" means something like a "violent death".

Mundus vult decipi... ergo dicipiatur Wink
and Q2 ends. I wonder FG when will reveal release date of AAMFP.
(06-30-2013, 05:02 PM)silfrus Wrote: [ -> ]and Q2 ends. I wonder FG when will reveal release date of AAMFP.

[Image: soon-cat-bowl.jpg%3Fimgmax%3D800]
(06-30-2013, 05:07 PM)droog Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2013, 05:02 PM)silfrus Wrote: [ -> ]and Q2 ends. I wonder FG when will reveal release date of AAMFP.

[Image: soon-cat-bowl.jpg%3Fimgmax%3D800]

[Image: Nope_speech_bubble.png]
The Chinese Room wrote in their blog:

"The launch date for Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs should arrive pretty soon, and we hope to release some very exciting news about the new project in just a few weeks."

so... soon Big Grin