Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-04-2013, 09:39 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2013, 09:09 PM)Hardarm Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-01-2013, 08:40 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]I think something is happening on the site or maybe it is just me being paranoid.

(07-01-2013, 08:40 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]I think something is happening on the site or maybe it is just me being paranoid.

nah...it was just me...

Something IS happening in the website. My chrome alert awares me every like 4-8 hours/1-2 days the page is updated, while aamfp.com stays still.

So I am not going crazy?

Of course not!
(07-04-2013, 09:40 PM)3dge Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2013, 10:57 AM)rky Wrote: [ -> ]WHEN? I'm sick of having waited nearly a year.

Whenever FG sees it fitting to release it.
Let me ask you a simple question:

1. Would you rather they release it now unfinished, takes tons of space, not translated properly, badly optimized, flickering textures (I fucking hate those)
and have it crash from time to time or all the time.
Have the forums overflow with bug threads and "my game crashes constantly"

OR

2. Wait for it's actual release, get a as good as possible game, completely optimized and close to perfect?
1 and it won't do any of those things the only thing will be a bit cruked optimizations but nothing that high single threaded performance can't suppress.
It is based on a rock solid engine so no worries we also had a couple or reports from devs playing the game entirely it is only being polished a bit.
I wonder if maybe they'll use wicks for fuel? A really viscous liquid that doesn't run out (or too slowly to notice) so the wicks burn faster etc.

In other news I got a tattoo today so hopefully AAMFP will be announced release date wise before its done healing, a very nice tangible date for me to look forward to on two fronts Smile
Spoiler below!

(07-04-2013, 11:25 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2013, 09:39 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2013, 09:09 PM)Hardarm Wrote: [ -> ]

nah...it was just me...

Something IS happening in the website. My chrome alert awares me every like 4-8 hours/1-2 days the page is updated, while aamfp.com stays still.

So I am not going crazy?

Of course not!

I think the picture at the top is getting brighter.
Is it just me, or the smoke coming out of the chimneys looks darker?... Lol
(07-05-2013, 03:00 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just me, or the smoke coming out of the chimneys looks darker?... Lol

It must just be you - I snached the image a long time ago and saved it to my computer: http://i.imgur.com/2bi015F.jpg
Thanks for clearing it up, Delirium :)
I'm starting to see things...
Actually... i think he is right the smoke is getting darker... This can only mean one thing: Animated background = New letter
Hmm.. no.
Compare the two pictures:
http://www.aamfp.com/images/webpage_header.jpg

and the one from Delirium:
http://i.imgur.com/2bi015F.jpg

no diffrence.
(07-05-2013, 03:50 PM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]Actually... i think she is right (...)

Fixed Tongue