Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-09-2013, 05:28 AM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]I had a dream last night that really heightened my curiosity on the subject of 'monster intelligence' for AMFP, I had a dream about AAMFP, I had a crazy dream about AAMFP, Did i just dream about AAMFP, i had an crazy dream about AAMFP, I was dreaming last night about AAMFP

Come on guys get over with it. The game will come out soon, jesus be patience.

You know I'd be in hell tons of trouble if everytime I shared a dream (Which by the way I have no control what I dream) everyone equated it to me being inpatient.
(07-09-2013, 05:41 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2013, 05:28 AM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]I had a dream last night that really heightened my curiosity on the subject of 'monster intelligence' for AMFP, I had a dream about AAMFP, I had a crazy dream about AAMFP, Did i just dream about AAMFP, i had an crazy dream about AAMFP, I was dreaming last night about AAMFP

Come on guys get over with it. The game will come out soon, jesus be patience.

You know I'd be in hell tons of trouble if everytime I shared a dream

....Wat....?
What I'm trying to say is that sasaluvsamnesia7 was only sharing a dream he had with us about AMFP, and was in no way expressing impatience about waiting for the game. Excitement maybe, but not impatience.
(07-09-2013, 05:48 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]What I'm trying to say is that sasaluvsamnesia7 was only sharing a dream he had with us about AMFP, and was in no way expressing impatience about waiting for the game. Excitement maybe, but not impatience.

You said ''You know I'd be in hell tons of trouble if everytime I shared a dream'' kinda want an answer on that now...

[Image: __by_thereal4tren-d6cmt05.png]
(07-09-2013, 05:50 AM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2013, 05:48 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]What I'm trying to say is that sasaluvsamnesia7 was only sharing a dream he had with us about AMFP, and was in no way expressing impatience about waiting for the game. Excitement maybe, but not impatience.

You said ''You know I'd be in hell tons of trouble if everytime I shared a dream'' kinda want an answer on that now...

[img]

It was just a sarcastic statement referring to that IF I was begrudged each, and every time I tried to share a dream I would have a lot of "trouble" saved up.

Okay maybe it wasn't worded the best, but never mind it. It's just a throwaway statement.
(07-09-2013, 05:56 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2013, 05:50 AM)Rich Pyro Wrote: [ -> ]

[img]

It was just a sarcastic statement referring to that IF I was begrudged each, and every time I tried to share a dream I would have a lot of "trouble" saved up.

Okay maybe it wasn't worded the best, but never mind it. It's just a throwaway statement.

throwaway statement.

[Image: ___by_thereal4tren-d6cmv47.png]
(07-09-2013, 04:32 AM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: [ -> ][...]

What is your idea of a scary meeting with a piggy monster? Sorry if this is too long!

This is an interesting question, because Dan Pinchbeck has said a few times now that the monster AI has been tweaked in such a way that our tried and tested methods for surviving monster encounters in the original game won't work anymore. I don't know if this simply means they've increased their sensitivity to hearing and vision or if it's something more substantive than that, but I'm not looking forward to finding out (well, I am, but you know what I mean haha).
(07-09-2013, 06:20 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]This is an interesting question, because Dan Pinchbeck has said a few times now that the monster AI has been tweaked in such a way that our tried and tested methods for surviving monster encounters in the original game won't work anymore. I don't know if this simply means they've increased their sensitivity to hearing and vision or if it's something more substantive than that,

I'm assuming that they've made the AI more dynamic, and that more things in the game environment factor to their behavior. Plus, I think they've probably made their behavior with more random elements

(07-09-2013, 06:20 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]but I'm not looking forward to finding out (well, I am, but you know what I mean haha).

We're all a bunch of sick people who just love getting tortured Big Grin
(07-09-2013, 06:38 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2013, 06:20 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]This is an interesting question, because Dan Pinchbeck has said a few times now that the monster AI has been tweaked in such a way that our tried and tested methods for surviving monster encounters in the original game won't work anymore. I don't know if this simply means they've increased their sensitivity to hearing and vision or if it's something more substantive than that,

I'm assuming that they've made the AI more dynamic, and that more things in the game environment factor to their behavior. Plus, I think they've probably made their behavior with more random elements

(07-09-2013, 06:20 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]but I'm not looking forward to finding out (well, I am, but you know what I mean haha).

We're all a bunch of sick people who just love getting tortured Big Grin

Kinda depends... In what way do you mean by getting tortured?
I have in my mind a game world that is similar to Batman Arkham Asylum, which is to say semi-open world with loading screens between areas but a clear goal so that you never get lost.