Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-09-2013, 10:03 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2013, 09:34 PM)Bridge Wrote: [ -> ]Guess it definitely is a hoax then.

Who even led you to think it was an Amnesia-related image? lol I looked at it and was like "Is Bridge serious? This is Left 4 Dead 2. What is he talking about?"

Well considering I haven't even tried Left 4 Dead I don't see how I should have known. I had my doubts, but it was posted as a "gameplay image" on one of these hoax sites, which is why I was curious.
(07-09-2013, 10:06 PM)Bridge Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2013, 10:03 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2013, 09:34 PM)Bridge Wrote: [ -> ]Guess it definitely is a hoax then.

Who even led you to think it was an Amnesia-related image? lol I looked at it and was like "Is Bridge serious? This is Left 4 Dead 2. What is he talking about?"

Well considering I haven't even tried Left 4 Dead I don't see how I should have known. I had my doubts, but it was posted as a "gameplay image" on one of these hoax sites, which is why I was curious.

No no, I'm not saying you should know the game. But it's a popular one, and I figure most gamers are familiar with the series, so I didn't know whether or not you've played it. Which is why I wasn't sure if you were serious or not when you first brought it up. =P
For reference (At 0:31):

Not the exact same image, but somebody probably messed around with it in Source Filmmaker or something like that.
Here's a round table podcast about horror games featuring Thomas Grip of Frictional Games:

http://gamingtrend.com/2013/07/09/gaming...ie-horror/

It's quite a general discussion so no new info is revealed about AAMFP or the Super Secret Project, but it does go into the thinking behind horror game design and some of the decisions FG made about the original Amnesia.
(07-09-2013, 05:48 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]What I'm trying to say is that sasaluvsamnesia7 was only sharing a dream he had with us about AMFP, and was in no way expressing impatience about waiting for the game. Excitement maybe, but not impatience.

Definitely not impatience, and I am a woman player. Sorry if my post upset some people.
(07-10-2013, 11:39 AM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely not impatience, and I am a woman player. Sorry if my post upset some people.
Oh sorry about mistaking your gender!

Sometimes it really irritates me that there is no gender-neutral pronoun to address people in English, and you have to make assumptions which sometimes can come out wrong...
(07-10-2013, 11:39 AM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2013, 05:48 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]What I'm trying to say is that sasaluvsamnesia7 was only sharing a dream he had with us about AMFP, and was in no way expressing impatience about waiting for the game. Excitement maybe, but not impatience.

Definitely not impatience, and I am a woman player. Sorry if my post upset some people.

You didn't upset anyone. Or maybe Rich Pyro, but just ignore him, he's a troll
(07-10-2013, 11:39 AM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if my post upset some people.

Don't worry, Rich Pyro isn't "people"; he's a spambot coded by an especially disturbed member of the Coalition of Unjustifiably Nasty Trolls Society Smile
(07-10-2013, 12:15 PM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2013, 11:39 AM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if my post upset some people.

Don't worry, Rich Pyro isn't "people"; he's a spambot coded by an especially disturbed member of the Coalition of Unjustifiably Nasty Trolls Society Smile

Well it was either that or Rich Pyro is coded by the Organization Coalition of Trolls United.
From Twitter:

"TCR: Love that fact that apparently you can already download the full cracked copy of #machineforpigs. @frictionalgames, guess you can stop work!

TG: @ChineseRoom @frictionalgames wow, that makes life suddenly so much easier!

TCR: @ThomasGrip @frictionalgames I know! We should have had it pirated earlier. Would have saved MONTHS of work, right?

TG: @ChineseRoom @frictionalgames This pirate thing is pretty sweet when you think about it. I guess the game got anti-ripped of content."

Sad