Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How is the puzzle gameplay compared to TDD?
Can you tell us anything about hardware support? Will the system requirements be similar to TDD or higher? And will there be any support for other peripherals like the oculus rift?
Is it possible to finish latest build of the game as one supposed to play/finish it? Bugs aside - puzzles (scripts), locations, SFX and music and other required resources is all in the game, right?
how much is the game going to cost?
(05-01-2013, 07:00 PM)Diz Wrote: [ -> ]I loved the way music was handled in The Dark Descent to immerse and enhance the atmosphere and emotions from end to finish throughout the game. At the same time, some players complain that monster themes can give a sense of security and indicate with certainty whether one is around or not.

Will music play just as big a role in A Machine For Pigs, and if there are any monster themes, can we expect a general change of mechanics in how they operate with encounters and terrifying situations?

Music will still be absolutely central - it's a big part of who we are as a studio, and one of the things we really believe is its one of the most powerful tools for immersion in the handbook. But - yeah, we know all about the "inch forwards until the monster theme starts, then run away until it finishes, then go forwards again" exploits and you won't get away with that this time around
Will monsters disappear after a few moments of spawning, like in ATDD? Or will they stay like in Penumbra games?
Will the game be released on steam?
Can we post questions now? If so I have a few questions my friends want to ask:

1) How will Oswald's take on being afraid compare to Daniel's,
will the panicked noises we heard in the game trailer be used
or have they been trimmed down?

2) Could you tell us anything more about the monster's intelligence
compared to the Grunts and Brutes? I'm certain this time around we'll
need to do more than simply find a closet to hide in.

3) Will there be a possible game soundtrack we could buy, too?
Or any other things: shirts, accessories, etc... to go with the franchise?
I'd love that a lot.

4) I'd like to know when they first started creating assets for the game?

5) What was the first level they worked on?

6) How far through development did they add the enemy or enemies?

7)How is game going and what is left to be done?

If you allready answered some of these questions you don't need to answer them again if
you don't want.
(05-01-2013, 07:00 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [ -> ]How is the puzzle gameplay compared to TDD?

Mandus will still have to figure out things to make his way through the adventure, but one thing FG and TCR share is not doing puzzles for the sake of puzzles. Thomas and Jens were really big on this - there may be things that you have to figure out, but they should all make narrative sense and belong in the world, not just be there for the sake of having puzzles or slowing the player down
From the screenshots we can see a lot of places ...

We will play more outside or inside the buildings?

Thanks Smile