Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-14-2013, 03:24 PM)ByT0r395 Wrote: [ -> ]It have been confirmed that aamfp is about finding Oswald's children so I don't think either have died in Mexico.
I think The Machine might be a metaphor for industry areas and employer neighbourhoods.
Oswald's children might have got lost in "the machine" while Oswald have been in coma.

If that is in an actual interview, that's very cheap and a huge spoiler, I think. We didn't know the 'why' in DD, and I don't want to know the 'why' in this until I actually play it.

I've stopped reading interviews, anyway.
(07-14-2013, 09:27 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote: [ -> ]Has there been any progress on the Mors Praematura lyrics?

I think we kinda reached a dead-end... Undecided These are the lines that by now we're sure are 100% correct:

Mors praematura
Plagam mortiferam infligere
?
Mundus vult decipi
Memento mori, memento mori
?
?
Mors praematura, mors praematura

______

@Rich: No need to leave, you're a nice fellow. About the ignore list thing, clarified through PM.
(07-15-2013, 04:01 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: [ -> ]Well, Paddy does...
I was scrolling through the comments there, and noticed a familiar avatar. Big Grin

Haha yeah, and it was actually me who uploaded those screenshots EnderShorts mentioned! Tongue

Ash, it's obvious you've been stalking me, but there's no need - I'm all yours baby Heart
Well... only Paddy there. The rest are probably unaware of all our discussions (even with TCR (ex-)employees). At least it gives a nice outline of the situation for outsiders.
(07-13-2013, 09:23 PM)lazz3r Wrote: [ -> ]So I have a question.
Will the AAMFP use many TDD sounds?
I think out of the 2000+ new individual sfx, 3-4 are from TDD/Justine.

(07-14-2013, 08:30 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]Were you responsible for "Foley recordings"? If so, did you go anywhere weird or unusual to get sounds for the game? For instance, did you need to go to real abattoirs to get sounds of squealing livestock? Big Grin
I did many a field recording for Pigs! Including recording a lot of various animals for the game, I also have a few friends abroad who had some amazing recordings from various places that I was able to make great use of.

(07-14-2013, 10:11 AM)Zgroktar Wrote: [ -> ]Samuel, I just have one simple question. Do you think that the game is good? Smile
After my (what must be) 60th playthrough, I still love it Smile
(07-15-2013, 11:45 AM)samueljustice00 Wrote: [ -> ]

(07-14-2013, 08:30 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]Were you responsible for "Foley recordings"? If so, did you go anywhere weird or unusual to get sounds for the game? For instance, did you need to go to real abattoirs to get sounds of squealing livestock? Big Grin
I did many a field recording for Pigs! Including recording a lot of various animals for the game, I also have a few friends abroad who had some amazing recordings from various places that I was able to make great use of.

(07-14-2013, 10:11 AM)Zgroktar Wrote: [ -> ]Samuel, I just have one simple question. Do you think that the game is good? Smile

Oh yes, this sounds awesome... can I have it now, please?

Thanks for reply!
Plot twist : Monsters aren't pigs they are horses.

So you`re the fellow that turned my playtesting into a nightmare? Good one xD I still get goosebumps at certain parts.
(07-15-2013, 11:45 AM)samueljustice00 Wrote: [ -> ]I did many a field recording for Pigs! Including recording a lot of various animals for the game, I also have a few friends abroad who had some amazing recordings from various places that I was able to make great use of.

I find that stuff really fascinating, cheers!

(07-15-2013, 01:32 PM)DavidS Wrote: [ -> ]So you`re the fellow that turned my playtesting into a nightmare? Good one xD I still get goosebumps at certain parts.

Haha shit, I just realised you're David Satzinger! I added you to the "Creative Team" list in the Information Portal a while back; can you tell me if the info I wrote is accurate?

Spoiler below!
David Satzinger
Frictional Games freelance graphic designer and concept artist who has worked on Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs. His duties are described on his LinkedIn page as "Various (GUI, decal, non-project related things etc.)"

If it's not too hush-hush can you talk about the work you did on the GUI? Wink