Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An article from Feb '12 obviously will tell you the Truth Big Grin
OH FUCKING FUCK. My RSS reader decided to re-download feeds from about 100 years ago. Well this is embarrassing...
agreed, we've already had 2 trailers. Dont know about you but i'd like the game to remain mystery untill i actually play it. What is there more to show in a trailer that we havent seen yet without actually spoiling the game?
Haha I got another RSS update of the same article from Pete's blog, except this time the anagram has changed:

sosnofrsroileopwllaleblaerc

He was reading this thread when I posted the first anagram, so I wonder if it's a message to us (or if he's simply saying "you dumb twat" directly to me).
you are being watched Paddy... You cannot hide now
He's stalking this thread at this time!
Hey everyone, I know I said a while back that I would help with translating Mors Praematura, and I'm really sorry I didn't. It was just a busy time of year for me, and whenever I got the chance to attempt translating it, you guys were way ahead of me and I just didn't have enough time to help out. I tried getting my Latin prof. to help out, but he said his ears aren't what they used to be, and you guys were doing much better than we were.

Anyway, I've been trying to translate the parts we weren't sure about, but I haven't come up with anything, it's just too hard for me to understand. But from what you guys have, it seems pretty accurate, which is really cool to me.

Again, I'm sorry I didn't help out even though I said I would. It probably isn't a big deal to anyone, but being the person I am, I felt the need to apologize. I hope to be able contribute to this forum more often in the future. And sorry for the long post lol

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I have thought of something pretty interesting.

If Oswald Mandus' nickname was "Ozzy," and we called him "Ozzy Mandus," that sounds very similar to "Ozymandias," a poem by Percy Bysshe Shelley (I recommend reading the poem, it's easy to find). The poem basically states that however mighty a leader and his empire are, they will always eventually decline. I could just be crazy, but does anyone think that this poem could be related to the story of Oswald Mandus?
Yeah it probably has something to do with Oswald Mandus. Although it has been mentioned before.
Thomas' talk from GDC EU last year is now free online: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1016433/The...esence-and

I have no idea if it has any AAMFP related stuff in it though. Smile
Guys, I've decoded it!

"Spoiler for noobs: clear le walls"

WHAT DOES IT MEAAANNN