Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Of course I meant the kinds of monsters, not the total number of occurrence per game ... I suspect that this mutant, which appeared as a result of cross-breeding humans and various animals ... That's just how it will be beaten in the plot, I can not precisely say.
can you guys stop talking about what monster is which?
the point of the game is to scare you, this is a whole different game.
why do you evolve all this crap on: "how many monsters will there be?" "what will the monsters be like?"

if you ask me, it's absolutely nonsense to talk about this. you're just trying to spoil the game for yourself, which is no good. let aamfp be a mistery, let it evolve on you throughout your gameplay, it's stupid to overanalyze.
(07-22-2013, 04:43 PM)Hardarm Wrote: [ -> ]can you guys stop talking about what monster is which?
why do you evolve all this crap on: "how many monsters will there be?" "what will the monsters be like?"

if you ask me, it's absolutely nonsense to talk about this. you're just trying to spoil the game for yourself, which is no good. let aamfp be a mistery, let it evolve on you throughout your gameplay, it's stupid to overanalyze.

Well, not to be rude, but what else are we supposed to do? This is a message board for a game that not only hasn't come out yet, but for which little is actually known. What else are overeager fans supposed to do but speculate and "overanalyze"?
(07-22-2013, 04:43 PM)Hardarm Wrote: [ -> ]can you guys stop talking about what monster is which?

yes we must silent and wait
(07-22-2013, 05:40 PM)wubwub Wrote: [ -> ]

yes we must silent and wait

Thats what I have been doing this whole time...
(07-22-2013, 03:34 PM)joshin u Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, this. I'm having trouble imagining a pig-monster that would truly scare me. And hearing pig squeals around the corner doesn't sound especially bone-chilling either Undecided

So I'm hoping the game itself revolves around the "machine for pigs", literally or figuratively, but the main monsters are reminiscent of TDD and not the talking pig from the Geico commercial.

Well it sounded pretty bone-chilling in the trailer. I'm personally sold on the idea.

In all fairness, TDD's Grunts and Brutes weren't all that scary either when viewed out of context. It is the manner in which they were presented that made them so terrifying. I think the idea behind the pigs is to convey a theme of animalistic greed and brutality. So in-game I imagine they're going to be quite intimidating.

It's all in the gross factor. I imagine the actual aesthetic resemblance to a pig will be heavily distorted or amplified in some monstrous way. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm keeping an open mind.
(07-22-2013, 06:29 PM)The Raining Brains Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2013, 03:34 PM)joshin u Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, this. I'm having trouble imagining a pig-monster that would truly scare me. And hearing pig squeals around the corner doesn't sound especially bone-chilling either Undecided

So I'm hoping the game itself revolves around the "machine for pigs", literally or figuratively, but the main monsters are reminiscent of TDD and not the talking pig from the Geico commercial.

Well it sounded pretty bone-chilling in the trailer. I'm personally sold on the idea.

In all fairness, TDD's Grunts and Brutes weren't all that scary either when viewed out of context. It is the manner in which they were presented that made them so terrifying. I think the idea behind the pigs is to convey a theme of animalistic greed and brutality. So in-game I imagine they're going to be quite intimidating.

It's all in the gross factor. I imagine the actual aesthetic resemblance to a pig will be heavily distorted or amplified in some monstrous way. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm keeping an open mind.

Oh yeah absolutely. I have complete faith in FG and TCC in scaring the piss out of me. But I just hope that the monsters themselves ARE standalone scary. Like, the grunts actually do look semi-frightening out of context, and I'd be happy with along the same scare-factor lines.
(07-22-2013, 05:13 PM)joshin u Wrote: [ -> ]What else are overeager fans supposed to do but speculate and "overanalyze"?

Follow the Words of the prophet like righteous Wubwubian.
(07-22-2013, 06:58 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-22-2013, 05:13 PM)joshin u Wrote: [ -> ]What else are overeager fans supposed to do but speculate and "overanalyze"?

Follow the Words of the prophet like righteous Wubwubian.

*Bows to WubWub and leaves*
The small amount of monster variation didn't really bother me in TDD, but the more the better imo ^^