Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-24-2013, 06:41 PM)The Raining Brains Wrote: [ -> ]Outlast looks shit. They're overselling it. I hope it doesn't steal AAMFP's thunder.

That's what it's trying to do, but AAMFP will be Top Dog.
(07-24-2013, 08:29 PM)crashbfan Wrote: [ -> ]why would you guys just downplay another horror game because it's not by FG? come on

No. It just looks crap. Generic, uninspired and far too in-your-face. Once you look past the graphics, you're basically left with a very weak attempt at horror. "Daylight" is even worse. They're all just jumping on the bandwagon.

I think a much better horror game that deserves more hype is the upcoming "Routine". Nothing to do with FG.
(07-24-2013, 10:20 PM)The Raining Brains Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2013, 08:29 PM)crashbfan Wrote: [ -> ]why would you guys just downplay another horror game because it's not by FG? come on

No. It just looks crap. Generic, uninspired and far too in-your-face. Once you look past the graphics, you're basically left with a very weak attempt at horror. "Daylight" is even worse. They're all just jumping on the bandwagon.

I think a much better horror game that deserves more hype is the upcoming "Routine". Nothing to do with FG.

Now that's a good game. there's another horror game that's not released yet being made on the source engine called "The Intruder", it looks interesting and it looks similar to a slender game... thankfully it's not a slender game.
I never saw the appeal of Slender, if you're gonna make a horror game why not actually have some fun and be creative and make up your own story and monsters?

In any case I'm a bit tired of the source engine, it's so outdated.
Still sounds like it might be worth keeping an eye on. The whole preparation thing has the potential for some real tension building.
(07-24-2013, 11:17 PM)The Raining Brains Wrote: [ -> ]Still sounds like it might be worth keeping an eye on. The whole preparation thing has the potential for some real tension building.

I've been keeping my eye on The Intruder for some time and I have to say the concept seems pretty good. The creator hasn't posted any updates in months though, I have a feeling it's going to be abandoned.

Also, Routine looks fantastic, and beautiful Smile
(07-24-2013, 11:13 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: [ -> ]I never saw the appeal of Slender, if you're gonna make a horror game why not actually have some fun and be creative and make up your own story and monsters?

That is why I want AAMFP to come out.So everybody can see that Slender the arrival isn't "the scariest game ever".I just don't find colecting pages while a noseless freak tries to get you scary at all.
(07-24-2013, 11:13 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: [ -> ]I never saw the appeal of Slender, if you're gonna make a horror game why not actually have some fun and be creative and make up your own story and monsters?

What do you mean "outdated" Do you mean like, graphics wise?
I created a Twitter account just for the Information Portal, so any time something new is added to it (or something new is revealed to us) I'll tweet it. Seems easier to keep everyone up to date that way because changes to the Info Portal have previously only been noticeable if you constantly check the changelog, which isn't ideal. The changelog will still be used, though.

https://twitter.com/UnofficialAAMFP

Subscribe away, mofos. And please feel free to contact me with any [sourced] news you find!
I think the game is still happen on September 8th! Exactly three years since the release of the original ... What is not a release date? They need to set a date for release in the coming two weeks, not later.