Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-27-2013, 03:47 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-26-2013, 08:06 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]That improved image reminds me of Bioshock, a lot.
We've had a fair few people who've played the game say the world felt very exploratory and rich like Bioshock, which is a big compliment!
That is great to hear enviroments we're so good in those titles.

(07-27-2013, 04:42 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-26-2013, 08:06 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]That improved image reminds me of Bioshock, a lot.
It's not improved, its just modified. Better to see the details, but too bright for an atmospheric horror game. The original looks better ingame.
So it is improved for us you can't analyse much from a near greyscale due to it being too dark.
That reminds me of Penumbra Requim in that part where you have to run under the presses I was so scared of all those red lights in the dark figuring it were hell hounds that it costed me a lot of time to make progress discovering they were just lights.
The original picture is not too dark! It's perfect for a horror game to cause excellent atmosphere. It is normal that you can't see everything when entering a dark area ow when it's night and to explore around by slow steps in the darkness improves the atmosphere and the scarieness.

I also enjoyed the darkness in storage room in TDD. So I hope AMFP will also be very dark. Dark like Penumbra Overture.
(07-27-2013, 05:26 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]The original picture is not too dark! It's perfect for a horror game to cause excellent atmosphere. It is normal that you can't see everything when entering a dark area ow when it's night and to explore around by slow steps in the darkness improves the atmosphere and the scarieness.

I also enjoyed the darkness in storage room in TDD. So I hope AMFP will also be very dark. Dark like Penumbra Overture.
(07-26-2013, 08:06 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]you can't analyse much from a near greyscale due to it being too dark.
(07-27-2013, 05:41 PM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]you can't analyse much from a near greyscale due to it being too dark.

Don't think that you always have to analyse every single detail in a screenshot. When the game wants to be dark and grey, then the picture shows the true brightness like you would walk along your street at night.

The picture shows how it is in the game and there's nothing bloomed up to destroy the good darky atmosphere.
I'm getting so sick of waiting. It's many many months and not even the official website has changed from a picture of a piping system and a poem with little usable information
(07-27-2013, 12:13 PM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/27/amnesia-...tty-tough/

Do not know if this tiny article has been shared on here, but it's a tad interesting since it discusses about the toughness of the game, which I am excited for! Big Grin

Interesting article, that headline picture though....Fuck, if the monster looks something like that, I might not finish the game, even though it's a little necromorph/Dead Space-like.
(07-27-2013, 07:29 PM)rky Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting so sick of waiting. It's many many months and not even the official website has changed from a picture of a piping system and a poem with little usable information

Why I started the AMFP thread parody in a nutshell.

Never Forget
(07-27-2013, 04:42 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2013, 09:33 AM)TwiK999 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, it reminded me of Hephaestus.

We've had a fair few people who've played the game say the world felt very exploratory and rich like Bioshock, which is a big compliment!

Samuel I have a question i really want to ask.Does AAMFP feel the same as ATDD or does it feel like a completly different game?
Without spoiling anything my personal feeling when playing is that it feels very much like Amnesia, same atmosphere, tension, mood etc. It's a very unforgiving atmosphere, you won't get a break.
@emaper

"aamfp-RoH%20copia.jpg"
'copia' ?
It means you're italian? Big Grin
(07-27-2013, 09:19 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2013, 04:42 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2013, 09:33 AM)TwiK999 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, it reminded me of Hephaestus.

Samuel I have a question i really want to ask.Does AAMFP feel the same as ATDD or does it feel like a completly different game?
Without spoiling anything my personal feeling when playing is that it feels very much like Amnesia, same atmosphere, tension, mood etc. It's a very unforgiving atmosphere, you won't get a break.

Oh man!It is like SCP-containment breach!You are never safe....well that is how I feel when I play it,I don't know if anybody else feels like that when playing that game.