Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-31-2013, 02:00 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]I found a little snapping error in the most recent image:

Spoiler below!
[Image: DSceuQt.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: ypqWxtJ.png]

I know it doesn't matter but I thought, hey why not!

Oh and I listed them as spoilers so that it wasn't such a big post - you're welcome mods.

Well! Looks like you found another reason for FG to delay the game again.
Hey dude don't get so negative. Be positive, I bet they'll fix it in a whimp.

What's the problem there?
I don't understand FG's logic here. Your game is MOSTLY finished and polished, if not totally, and you are prepared to release it "by the end of the summer".

Why not just set a release date? It helps build anticipation and brings attention/press to your project. You gain nothing by holding off on announcing such a date and then a few weeks beforehand going, "Hey guys, Amnesia comes out in 2 weeks! Hope you're ready". Unless you've encountered something unexpected/huge in your game as to cause a delay, announce the damn date already.
(07-31-2013, 05:28 PM)joshin u Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand FG's logic here. Your game is MOSTLY finished and polished, if not totally, and you are prepared to release it "by the end of the summer".

Why not just set a release date? It helps build anticipation and brings attention/press to your project. You gain nothing by holding off on announcing such a date and then a few weeks beforehand going, "Hey guys, Amnesia comes out in 2 weeks! Hope you're ready". Unless you've encountered something unexpected/huge in your game as to cause a delay, announce the damn date already.

Because committing to a date that you aren't confident in and may be forced to delay is leagues worse than giving it that extra couple weeks of polish.
I think that I sent something like 5 tweets to Jessica Curry. She doesn't want to reply me. At this point, I don't care any more of Mors Praematura. I tought that knowing the lyrics of the song, could have help us.

Right know I'm really tired of solve all these ARG, puzzles and riddles. I've done all that what was in my power...
(07-31-2013, 05:28 PM)joshin u Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand FG's logic here. Your game is MOSTLY finished and polished, if not totally, and you are prepared to release it "by the end of the summer".

I totally agree. Subscribe to every word. Well, it's time to decide on the release date and tell it to us.
(07-31-2013, 05:49 PM)clashina Wrote: [ -> ]

Because committing to a date that you aren't confident in and may be forced to delay is leagues worse than giving it that extra couple weeks of polish.

That would make sense if
1. They didn't already spend a SIGNIFICANT amount of time polishing it and
2. They didn't already make it clear that they would be ready by the end of summer. If they were able to confidently make that assessment months ago, its only logical that they should be confident about A date, even if its not the most ideal one.

My point is that at this point, they should DEFINITELY be able to predict when they will be ready to release their product.
Bear in mind that ATDD was announced officially being in ''Gold'' phase on August 27 of 2010, and it was released on September 8, 2010. AAMPF is still going through a test phase, so it is pointless guessing a release date.
(07-31-2013, 08:01 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: [ -> ]Bear in mind that ATDD was announced officially being in ''Gold'' phase on August 27 of 2010, and it was released on September 8, 2010. AAMPF is still going through a test phase, so it is pointless guessing a release date.

What is a gold phase?
When a game is completely finished and is going to be released soon.