Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-03-2013, 11:48 AM)Kman Wrote: [ -> ]jesus christ guys they have done literally this exact same thing move for move about 5 times now what on earth convinced so many of you that it was somehow special or different or that it would end any other way omfg

Then why was it so hard to solve?
yeah i cant believe how obsessed some people are here. I love ATDD, FG and i cant wait to get my hands on AAMFP but i understand it takes time, and I know its taking so much time because they're just afraid of not making the game perfect. Just look at this thread, everyone is shitting their pants so much because of AAMFP, everyone is expecting so much out of the game. If i was developing it i'd probably be killing myself out of pressure that the fanbase is putting on it, and would definetly not release it untill i feel like EVERYTHING is completely perfect and polished.

I do agree that there has been a serious lack of news but at the other hand, what else do you want to know? Jens said in his last post that they are going through the game now, fixing all the left out details and polishing everything that is there to polish, and that's what they're gonna continue doing untill the time they announce the release date.

You want a new trailer? They have already released 2 which show everything there is to be showed without spoiling the game experience. I dont know about you but me personally, i want to see the rest of the game while playing and be surprised when doing so.

Also you're foolish to think they'd have a hidden release date in the poems, look at how much pressure is on them already, i think they'd already let the public know about it rather than keeping it a mystery in a poem.

edit: Also, the poem was so hard to solve because they wanted to keep you busy, nothing else.
Another poem just indicates that we probably still have another month or so before release. That's why people are disappointed.
(08-03-2013, 01:00 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2013, 11:46 AM)i3670 Wrote: [ -> ]Quite a bad poem in my opinion. The last line just sounds wrong when read it.

What's wrong with the poem? You do know that poems don't have to rhyme right?

I know that poems doesn't necessarily have to rhyme it's just that it sounds off. Like someone playing on a piano and ends the song with the wrong note.
(08-03-2013, 12:29 PM)Zgroktar Wrote: [ -> ]No I just backed you up, I understood what you were saying.

oh lol i'm a dumbass sorry

(08-03-2013, 01:12 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2013, 11:48 AM)Kman Wrote: [ -> ]jesus christ guys they have done literally this exact same thing move for move about 5 times now what on earth convinced so many of you that it was somehow special or different or that it would end any other way omfg

Then why was it so hard to solve?

it wasn't any harder to solve

it just took a lot more time

you still did the exact same thing just spaced out over more time
(08-03-2013, 01:36 PM)i3670 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2013, 01:00 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2013, 11:46 AM)i3670 Wrote: [ -> ]Quite a bad poem in my opinion. The last line just sounds wrong when read it.

What's wrong with the poem? You do know that poems don't have to rhyme right?

I know that poems doesn't necessarily have to rhyme it's just that it sounds off. Like someone playing on a piano and ends the song with the wrong note.

I fail to see how exactly it sounds off, the only way it would sound off is if you try to use some sort of inflection to make the end rhyme, other than that it seems to be perfectly fine.
And so this poetry comes to an end now we've seen that Lily is truly dead instead of just being in her grave we can go on and face eternity playing AMFP by the end of the summer.

Justine my love Heart
i can see why people think it's structured poorly cause the way it's set up the last word every other line rhymes with dead 3 times consecutively but then instead of rounding it off to 8 lines they cut it off at 7 and end the 7th line with another rhyme with dead (also repeating the last word of the 6th line) and it fucks up the structure and sounds really clunky

yes poems don't need to rhyme but they set the entire thing up with a rhyme scheme and then sort of just dropped it at the end, you could only really justify that if none of it rhymed
There is nothing at all wrong with the poem. Have you considered that the repeating of "head" is actually done for effect? That is how poetry works. There are no rules for structure or consistency. If it sounded wrong to you then that is because you imposed a conventional expectation on it.

I personally rather liked it. It's like a sort of echo for emphasis.
It still really annoys me that I can't see the goddamn site. It's just fully black for me. I've tried IE, FireFox, Chrome and none of those work. However, my mom's computer (which is the shittiest piece of shit on Earth) displays the site correctly. Like what the hell??