Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-10-2013, 12:52 PM)Rederkki Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2013, 12:20 PM)Respekt Wrote: [ -> ]If next week is not news, then all is lost! FG, do not you see that people are no longer able to endure the lack of news and content? We waited enough! You have six months "polish" the finished game, is not that enough? Your fans will not survive another transfer! Please release the game soon!

Yes, they should give us new information about the situation. But people who say "That's it, i've waited enough, i'll torrent the game" are assholes. Like a good wine, good game needs time.
I talked about the torrent? I'm for people to buy, but you can not be so callous to customers and potential customers! Wake up publisher!
(08-10-2013, 12:20 PM)Respekt Wrote: [ -> ]If next week is not news, then all is lost! FG, do not you see that people are no longer able to endure the lack of news and content?

Yeah, you and like 4 others
(08-10-2013, 12:47 PM)Respekt Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2013, 12:38 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2013, 12:20 PM)Respekt Wrote: [ -> ]If next week is not news, then all is lost! FG, do not you see that people are no longer able to endure the lack of news and content? We waited enough! You have six months "polish" the finished game, is not that enough? Your fans will not survive another transfer! Please release the game soon!

No! No! No!
A good game needs time. They will release it when it meets their expectations. It's better to wait longer for a good game instead to release a bad game now.

I agree with you that FG should give us a further status update, but let them take the time the game need.
No! No! No!

They should keep their word! If they do not keep it at that time, it would severely harm their reputation! A feeling that they are not "polished" and completely rework the game! ... And whatever you say, we are waiting already!

FG's reputation in my eyes will be more severely harmed if they release an unfinished game. As much as I'm looking forward to the release, I'm glad they're not rushing it.
(08-10-2013, 01:27 PM)magnubac Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2013, 12:47 PM)Respekt Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2013, 12:38 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]

No! No! No!
A good game needs time. They will release it when it meets their expectations. It's better to wait longer for a good game instead to release a bad game now.

I agree with you that FG should give us a further status update, but let them take the time the game need.
No! No! No!

They should keep their word! If they do not keep it at that time, it would severely harm their reputation! A feeling that they are not "polished" and completely rework the game! ... And whatever you say, we are waiting already!

FG's reputation in my eyes will be more severely harmed if they release an unfinished game. As much as I'm looking forward to the release, I'm glad they're not rushing it.

What people don't seem to understand is that the game IS done. It's not an unfinished game, they are just tweaking/polishing it. Which in my opinion if part of that is trying to remove small bugs or glitches, there's really no point unless there are severe bugs atm. People/speedrunners will find glitches and break your game whether you like it or not. It's always a matter of time, no matter how hard you work at it, people WILL break your game.
(08-10-2013, 01:25 PM)Deep One Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2013, 12:20 PM)Respekt Wrote: [ -> ]If next week is not news, then all is lost! FG, do not you see that people are no longer able to endure the lack of news and content?

Yeah, you and like 4 others
Well, of course ... You take into account only this forum, while I'm talking about the whole internet and the public in general ... It is foolish to think that everyone is happy with the fact that the game is constantly transferred. No trailer, for almost 10 months, let alone the release date I do not say anything.
"Delayed until November 2013"

Fuck this shit I'm out.
-----

Doubt that it'll ever happened.
(08-10-2013, 01:46 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]"Delayed until November 2013"

Fuck this shit I'm out.
-----

Is that a joke? Where did this quote?
(08-10-2013, 01:48 PM)Respekt Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2013, 01:46 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]"Delayed until November 2013"

Fuck this shit I'm out.
-----

Is that a joke? Where did this quote?

Just a joke. If it's delayed that far then I'm out for real.
You know, I find it kinda annoying that people keep refering to the same quote "I'd rather wait a bit longer for an awesome finished game rather than release a buggy unfinished game right now!" because the game IS finished and you know, I'm pretty sure that they've fixed all the major bugs and shit already.
They've been polishing for many months now, you think it's still gonna be buggy and shitty, especially when we're so close to the release anyway? They're gonna have a seriously upset fanbase if they manage to somehow delay it again. So it's really not a surprise that many people are getting impatient at this point.

The reason why I think it's taking so long is because the game was developed by TCR, not by FG. And if FG is translating/bug fixing etc. then it'll be a lot slower since they didn't make the game themselves. They gotta get acquainted with it first and all that.

Not really six months of just polish. dont remember were exacly I read it but they said they added more maps after deciding to go for a full game, and also that they were definetely the best they had made, which would indicate that everything they made before might have needed to be polished to reach that same level of quality.

Also remember that the first amnesia's maps were very small, while these are if interviews dont lie much larger, therefore demanding much optimization considering it is almost the same engine as TDD.
..but also there's of course the fact that they have to meet our expectations XD