Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-10-2013, 03:11 PM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]Some clarification needed, I think.

First of all, and most importantly, FG told us specifically that we'd have to wait until the end of the summer. They have an internal schedule/deadline which isn't 100% pinpointed but is as close to it as they can get when they're projecting several months into the future. To complain that there's been no information before we've even reached the end of the summer is silly. If they'd given us a specific release date of, say, September 1st, would people complain on August 20th that FG hadn't given us new info? Of course not, but this is more or less the situation we're in! We have a release window if not a release date. It's going to get narrowed down as we get closer to the end of the summer, but until then it's completely arbitrary to demand information. We already know what they're doing and how long it will take.

Secondly, the game was officially said to have been completed in February but in June it was made clear that The Chinese Room had still been working on it. Dan Pinchbeck tweeted that he'd completed his final piece of work on the game in June. If new work was being added that late then more polishing/testing/bug-fixing would obviously be needed.

We have all the info we need. In fact, we have all the info FG could possibly give us at this stage. To feel like you're being kept in the dark at this stage is a difficult position to defend.

Indeed Paddy! You're absolutely correct, and I agree completely. From a logical point of view there's no arguing this.

However what I think the problem is for many people in here is born out of a "irrational" reason. Even while having been told the above information they feel as if several months has gone by without any update on said status, and they feel neglected.

I really REALLY don't want to say this, but...there just are some people who cannot see that Frictional has told us mostly everything we need to know, the logic behind what you just said, and are being caught in a mental whirlwind simply because a month has passed without significant news. In other, more direct words: Less logical fans who need frequent catering to, to not completely flip out*

*I'm going to throw myself off a building now from all the self-shame I endured to pointing that out about some fans so bluntly...
(08-10-2013, 03:06 PM)wubwub Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2013, 02:59 PM)Respekt Wrote: [ -> ]I have spoken to me why this game is so important, but you do not understand ... Maybe I do not have much, but still no release. A matter of life and death: it is easier when you know you got what you wanted ... Health to you and understanding! Say no, anyway I did not achieve.

we must all patience friend, if make anger it no change for chinaroom and fritionalgames or any people. No patience and no happy never good for people we must wait to not remove happy FG if FG no happy it very very bad
[Image: bible-god-quotes-473.jpg]
(08-10-2013, 02:43 PM)Ye Olde Aldi Wrote: [ -> ]I think this thread should be closed now...
Why? This is not off-topic or aynthing.

What is bothering me is the non-CS support. Does this mean that you can't make custom stories? TDD had level editor etc... so does it mean it had CS support?

First of all, and most importantly, FG told us specifically that we'd have to wait until the end of the summer. They have an internal schedule/deadline which isn't 100% pinpointed but is as close to it as they can get when they're projecting several months into the future. To complain that there's been no information before we've even reached the end of the summer is silly. If they'd given us a specific release date of, say, September 1st, would people complain on August 20th that FG hadn't given us new info? Of course not, but this is more or less the situation we're in! We have a release window if not a release date. It's going to get narrowed down as we get closer to the end of the summer, but until then it's completely arbitrary to demand information. We already know what they're doing and how long it will take.

Secondly, the game was officially said to have been completed in February but in June it was made clear that The Chinese Room had still been working on it. Dan Pinchbeck tweeted that he'd completed his final piece of work on the game in June. If new work was being added that late then more polishing/testing/bug-fixing would obviously be needed.

We have all the info we need. In fact, we have all the info FG could possibly give us at this stage. To feel like you're being kept in the dark at this stage is a difficult position to defend.

Indeed, we've already got an update and Summer is yet to end - feels a bit weird saying that when it's winter here - but Paddy is right, I'm still happy with the update Frictional Games gave us. There is work left to do and when that work is done and as summer comes to an end I'm sure Frictional Games will have something to say but for the time being I think it's best we just be patient. Other than that I don't really see what difference it makes to anyone if they just gave a release date - sure you'll know when the game is expected to come out - but as Paddy pointed out would you continue to complain before the aforementioned release date about the lack of info?

I couldn't agree more.
(08-10-2013, 12:47 PM)Respekt Wrote: [ -> ]No! No! No!

They should keep their word! If they do not keep it at that time, it would severely harm their reputation! A feeling that they are not "polished" and completely rework the game! ... And whatever you say, we are waiting already!

Nobody can keep his word when quality comes first. They also never said it will be released then. A release date never was called. FG is not stupid like EA to determine the release date one year before.
We can be happy that FG is independent and there is no release date called by a publisher where the game must be ready to each price! They will release it when it's ready and not push it on the market just to get a fast buck of dollars. And then people will be angry about bad quality, and the game will be bad for ever. FG can't allow to harm their reputation only to release a game some months earlier. Then all the hard work on the project would be in vain.

(08-10-2013, 01:36 PM)Magnum66 Wrote: [ -> ]What people don't seem to understand is that the game IS done. It's not an unfinished game, they are just tweaking/polishing it.

That's what they said and what was originally planned. But I think, they will now do more than just tweaking and polishing. I think, they probably changed/added some new stuff, reworked the gameplay and saving mechanism, optimizing environments, puzzles, enemies, enhance the story, fixing technical and visual bugs, update engine and and and...
Since ATTD had a demo,will AAMFP have one?
It really wouldn't make a difference if they announced a release date because we all know they never follow dates, anyway.
(08-10-2013, 05:49 PM)VTTM Wrote: [ -> ]It really wouldn't make a difference if they announced a release date because we all know they never follow dates, anyway.

Amnesia TDD was first planned to be released in "August 2010" and then they said it will be the 8th of September.
(08-10-2013, 05:49 PM)VTTM Wrote: [ -> ]It really wouldn't make a difference if they announced a release date because we all know they never follow dates, anyway.

Even something simple like posting the lyrics for mors praematura couldn't be done on time

Even something simple like posting the lyrics for mors praematura couldn't be done on time