Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lol Paddy, I hope that's Oswald Mandus the father! Tongue

I have nothing against the elderly, but playing a survival horror game as an arthritic 80-year-old would be so not cool...
(08-13-2013, 01:00 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: [ -> ]Lol Paddy, I hope that's Oswald Mandus the father! Tongue

I have nothing against the elderly, but playing a survival horror game as an arthritic 80-year-old would be so not cool...

AGEIST!
Why not? You could beat the shit out of everything with your walking stick.
Hahaha, that would be even funnier than the broom in Penumbra!

(08-13-2013, 01:04 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]AGEIST!

No hon, it's because I care about the senior people that I think an old man should not be subjected to such a traumatizing experience. Sad

___
Edit: typo
(08-13-2013, 01:25 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: [ -> ]Hahaha, that would be even funnier than the broom in Penumbra!
Most unnecessary tool ever given in a game since you could take those dam things of the shelf without it.
I'm going to take down this dog *hits random hotkey*
Oh shit the broom okay I'm screwed... "why did I memorize that to a key"
(08-13-2013, 01:25 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: [ -> ]Hahaha, that would be even funnier than the broom in Penumbra!

(08-13-2013, 01:04 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]AGEIST!

No hon, it's because I care about the senior people that I think an old man should not be subjected to such a traumatizing experience
. Sad

___
Edit: typo

Oh right, because he could have a stroke at any time and make the Player die before he even got a medicine LAWL
Well, perhaps Oswald is an older gentleman, since in the latest poem we read:

'old Lily...'

And if she was his wife, maybe so...
Wasn't the life expectancy in that time @around 50-60 years?
Don't know if they take it THIS accurate, but if they do then Ozzy can't be such an old guy.

Spoiler below!
[Image: lifechrt.gif]
Judging by the voice in the trailer, I would say Ozzy is around 50 years old.

I also thought that Lilly was his wife, but since she is described as "old" in the poem, I'm not so sure now. If she was old already, how could she have had biological children?
Maybe their kids were adopted from the orphanage?
Maybe Lily was Oswald's mother?

___
Edit: Regarding the lower life expectancy at birth in the 19th century, don't forget that it was heavily influenced by the high infant mortality rate.
(08-13-2013, 09:18 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: [ -> ]Judging by the voice in the trailer, I would say Ozzy is around 50 years old.

Jup, this would be also my guess.

(08-13-2013, 09:18 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: [ -> ]I also thought that Lilly was his wife, but since she is described as "old" in the poem, I'm not so sure now. If she was old already, how could she have had biological children?
Maybe their kids were adopted from the orphanage?
Maybe Lily was Oswald's mother?

Hmm regarding Lily, I have absolutely no idea which role she could play in the story. I'am pumped to find it out -hopefully soon. Big Grin

(08-13-2013, 09:18 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Regarding the lower life expectancy at birth in the 19th century, don't forget that it was heavily influenced by the high infant mortality rate.

Yes you are right, but I think an additional reason was that "safety at work" wasn't such a big topic in the times of industrialization.