Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if it has already happened or not I feel like crap as I spent my entire evening carrying home drunk friends of mine.
Such fun being late to the party and being forced to help the drunk...

I'll check back on this tomorrow.
Well, not being able to make the Q&A myself, I would like to thank Dan for taking the time to answer our questions.

I would also like to thank fancreeper who asked my questions for me. That was very polite of you and I had no idea you would do that, so thank you so much Smile

From what I read, it sounds as if this is going to be one fantastic scare. 4 - 6 hours seems short, but it took me at least a month for me to get through The Dark Descent for the first time, so I'm sure this game will take me longer since I'm going to take it slow, and take in everything that it has to offer. Also sounds like the monsters, whatever they may be, are going to be awesome.

I want them to make the Grunts and Brutes piss themselves.

So excited! Even more excited! Can't wait for this to come out Big Grin
(05-02-2013, 12:10 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2013, 12:07 AM)bluel0bster Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2013, 10:29 PM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2013, 09:59 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: [ -> ]4-4 1/2 hours... that's a little disappointing to be honest. But, he did say it was a speed run done by the people who made the game, and so know it very well, so I'd imagine it would take close to twice that long if you really spend your time immersed in the game, exploring, piecing stuff together, and generally taking your time, like everybody should in a quality > quantity game like this.

This is how long ATDD is with a speed run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5SSFBVw8iE Big Grin pretty short,ha?

That's with a crap-ton of glitches though...

So? sites that document speed runs (like speed demos archive) allow you use to glitches. As a rule of thumb as long as you're not using any external programs in-games cheats is allowed. Using unpatched exploits is fine though.

So, the person who linked the speed run used it to support his claim that the game can be really short. Yes, it can be really short, but not 30 minutes without glitch exploitation. Speed runs have nothing to do with what we were talking about.
That speed run was when Daniel didn't forget.
(05-02-2013, 02:33 AM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if it has already happened or not I feel like crap as I spent my entire evening carrying home drunk friends of mine.

Go home Maarten. You are drunk.
(05-02-2013, 09:40 AM)Spaceman Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2013, 02:33 AM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if it has already happened or not I feel like crap as I spent my entire evening carrying home drunk friends of mine.

Go home Maarten. You are drunk.
Had a great night of sleep and can go back over to clean vommit from the floor.
The guy I carried home went full retard while drinking and my other friends weren't much help.
He asks for a glass of water and a shot my friends give him a glass of wodka and a shot of water.
After a while he started thinking that the normal cup was a shot glass so glad he only lived like 1km from where the party was at.

I've read trough page 20 -> 35 quite interesting stuff shame little was said about the monster AI besides that it is still being improved.
I can't wait to see what they did with the inventory while still having that work.

(05-02-2013, 09:23 AM)i3670 Wrote: [ -> ]That speed run was when Daniel didn't forget.
When he just goes to the elevator directly instead of shitting around for hours.
"I chose to forget"
Chooses to forget so he can face the horrors that he has committed, forgets about the monsters. Angel
(05-02-2013, 10:00 AM)maarten12100 Wrote: [ -> ]I've read trough page 20 -> 35 quite interesting stuff shame little was said about the monster AI besides that it is still being improved.
I know that in some interview, Dan said something about the "tricks" to defeat the AI that won't work any more.
(05-02-2013, 02:47 AM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, not being able to make the Q&A myself, I would like to thank Dan for taking the time to answer our questions.

I would also like to thank fancreeper who asked my questions for me. That was very polite of you and I had no idea you would do that, so thank you so much Smile

From what I read, it sounds as if this is going to be one fantastic scare. 4 - 6 hours seems short, but it took me at least a month for me to get through The Dark Descent for the first time, so I'm sure this game will take me longer since I'm going to take it slow, and take in everything that it has to offer. Also sounds like the monsters, whatever they may be, are going to be awesome.

No problem man!
(05-01-2013, 10:03 PM)Nyarlathotep Wrote: [ -> ]The Cry Engine thing is in reference to TCR's next game, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Not anything Frictional or Amnesia related. Just for clarity.

Yes, this again. While Dan's reply was a bit confusing - after second reading you can easily figure out he is talking about their next game, not AAMFP.
(05-02-2013, 10:38 AM)fancreeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2013, 02:47 AM)sasaluvsamnesia7 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, not being able to make the Q&A myself, I would like to thank Dan for taking the time to answer our questions.

No problem man!

Yes, thank you Fancreeper for asking our questions. Smile