Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they decided to delay it til Halloween. I don't think it's actually going to happen, but I see it as a possibility.
(05-06-2013, 08:21 PM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]Oooo, more proof of my sweet June 3rd analysis:

How did you come up with that date in the first place?
(05-06-2013, 10:24 PM)Kotch Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they decided to delay it til Halloween. I don't think it's actually going to happen, but I see it as a possibility.

People would be pissed as hell. I don't think they'd dare. Big Grin
(05-06-2013, 10:29 PM)felixmole Wrote: [ -> ]How did you come up with that date in the first place?

Thrupence is old money in the UK, a thrupenny coin is the equivalent of three pence. Sixpence is six pence in old money (I know that seems obvious but there was a single coin worth six pence called "sixpence" haha). So we have the numbers 3 and 6, which I took to mean 3rd of June (June being the 6th month). The number of letters in "sparrows" and "doves" equals 13, as in 2013. If I'm not being a crazy numerologist (as if!) it seems to be saying 3/6/13.

Also, if you type 5318008 into a calculator and look at it upside down it says "BOOBIES".
(05-06-2013, 10:41 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2013, 10:24 PM)Kotch Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they decided to delay it til Halloween. I don't think it's actually going to happen, but I see it as a possibility.

Why wouldn't they dare? The people who will be pissed will still buy the game.
So it's June 3rd?...You know the fun thing? I was supposed to fly to France this week to visit my family over the summer, but I changed my plane tickets one or two months ago so I could play AMFP as soon as it will be released...(hard to play if I'm vising family and friends, plus I don't have a big screen in France and by no means I will play on a 11inches screen...Which is my current laptop).

I thought it would come out in May and I'll have time to play it...But nuuh, I'm flying back on June the 2nd, right before it will come out...Ffffffffffuck ^^"
So either I'll have to get myself a screen and some gaming stuff to be able to play there, while stopping any social life for a couple of days...Either I wait until August to play it, while avoiding any LP and spoilers on the Internet...
I don't think anyone else agrees with the June 3rd thing though, it's just me and my superior intellect. But seriously, don't buy a new gaming rig based on information an Irishman gives you. You'd be safer taking babysitting advice from a priest!
You guys might wanna check Dan's twitter.
Yeah I saw that just now, kinda took the wind out of my sails...

UNLESS! He's just playing dumb because there's a timed competition to see who figures out the release date, a competition which I've clearly won, and I'll be receiving £5,000 cash as soon as Dan realises I've cracked his code and made a fool out of everyone else on the forum. Yeah, that's gotta be it.
(05-06-2013, 11:14 PM)jiersk Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2013, 10:41 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: [ -> ]

Why wouldn't they dare? The people who will be pissed will still buy the game.

If they're just polishing, like they said they are, then there's no reason to hurt their image anymore by delaying again.