Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-08-2013, 02:57 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]Did I dream this or did I read somewhere that the original title for AAMFP was something other than "A Machine For Pigs"? I was sure I read it in an interview but I've just finished re-reading all of the ones in the Information Portal and none of those mentions it. It's not mentioned in the Q&A either. I must be losing it...

Wasn't it like "Amnesia 2: The Dark Swarm" or something? I remember seeing that somewhere...
Ninja!! haha

I found it just now (see above). I think The Dark Swarm was actually an unreleased game by Frictional from before Amnesia: The Dark Descent, so your memory is on track alright!
(05-08-2013, 02:57 AM)Paddy Wrote: [ -> ]Did I dream this or did I read somewhere that the original title for AAMFP was something other than "A Machine For Pigs"? I was sure I read it in an interview but I've just finished re-reading all of the ones in the Information Portal and none of those mentions it. It's not mentioned in the Q&A either. I must be losing it...

EDIT: Found it:

"We Are the Pig"
http://beefjack.com/features/amnesia-a-m...w-preview/

Well, I guess that 100% confirms the simile of mankind as "pigs."

"We Are the Pig"

That game has nothing to do with AAMFP. It was ages ago.
the dark swarm was the working title for penumbra: black plague
Lovely to see you pop in once in a while jens. Do you watch over these forums often and just see all of our crazy talk and conspiracies? Or do you just let us be and check back once in a great while?
(05-08-2013, 01:12 PM)Kein Wrote: [ -> ]

"We Are the Pig"

That game has nothing to do with AAMFP. It was ages ago.

Are you sure about that?

Taken from that page:

"When I first started writing the concept, it was called We Are The Pig,” says creative director Dan Pinchbeck. ”It got moved over to A Machine for Pigs, but there was always that thing of a title that makes people go, ‘what is that about?’.”"
when game come on internet when it come in real shop? no buy on internet i afraid so just walk shop
I believe TDD was sold in retail in Russia, I suppose it'll be the same for AMFP so you probably will be able to buy it "for reals".
Yeah, you can get retail versions just about anywhere PC games are sold provided your government allows content of such games and stuff.
My local EB Games (Gamestop in America) has copies of TDD there, so I would believe that AAMFP will be just the same Smile