Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Can't move through grass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone. I recently tried to make an outdoor environment, but came to a problem when i tried placing grass. The problem is that whether or not I have 'collides' turned on/off, the grass still traps my character and makes him unable to move if I step into it. Any suggestions?
What grass is it?
(05-09-2013, 12:38 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]What grass is it?

At the moment it's follage_grass02, but I've tried the other two as well with the same outcome
Try unchecking the collide box. Maybe there's something in the grass that makes the Player to become unable to move.
Grass collides unless you untick the collide box. Best way to do it is to place 1 grass, duplicate it a few times while rotating, then select those, and keep duplicating until you have a field.
(05-09-2013, 01:27 AM)Smoke Wrote: [ -> ]Grass collides unless you untick the collide box.

I've tried this, but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to fix the problem. I haven't actually tried grass in a while, so it could've been something else back then. I'll try it again tomorrow and post here if I have anymore trouble. Tongue
(05-09-2013, 01:43 AM)Zokrar Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2013, 01:27 AM)Smoke Wrote: [ -> ]Grass collides unless you untick the collide box.

I've tried this, but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to fix the problem. I haven't actually tried grass in a while, so it could've been something else back then. I'll try it again tomorrow and post here if I have anymore trouble. Tongue

That's really weird. It should allow you to move trough it after that. Maybe something in the script? Did you forget to add a setplayeractive(true); or something? I'm just guessing at this point
Look for .map_cache and delete them if there are.