Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Gamma adjustment doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to fix it?
Radeon HD3650 mobility, catalyst 13.1 legacy

The gamma adjustment works fine in the same configuration in Amnesia from humble bundle.

Related topic
http://steamcommunity.com/app/57300/disc...991966680/
Do you know where to find the config folder?
Just tell me the exact file name and whether it's the one in */steamapps/* or in home/*/.frictionalgames/*, please.
An exact path would be nice of course Smile
(05-17-2013, 10:52 AM)Bucic Wrote: [ -> ]Just tell me the exact file name and whether it's the one in */steamapps/* or in home/*/.frictionalgames/*, please.

Try both. Where did you put your custom story?
(05-17-2013, 11:01 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2013, 10:52 AM)Bucic Wrote: [ -> ]Just tell me the exact file name and whether it's the one in */steamapps/* or in home/*/.frictionalgames/*, please.

Try both. Where did you put your custom story?
No custom story here...

The configuration files are in ~/.frictionalgames (~ == home). the ones in steamapps are the defaults that get copied by the game to ~/.frictionalgames

On a side now the Gamma IS Broke, and it's due to your window manager.. Switch to a non-compositing window manager and gamma will work fine. This is especially true of Compiz. Essentially we have to rewrite the entire gamma system to work differently to work around this annoyance.
(05-17-2013, 02:37 PM)Urkle Wrote: [ -> ]The configuration files are in ~/.frictionalgames (~ == home). the ones in steamapps are the defaults that get copied by the game to ~/.frictionalgames

On a side now the Gamma IS Broke, and it's due to your window manager.. Switch to a non-compositing window manager and gamma will work fine. This is especially true of Compiz. Essentially we have to rewrite the entire gamma system to work differently to work around this annoyance.
It's confusing for me because there are:
/home/<username>/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main/<ingameusername>/user_settings.cfg
and
/home/<username>/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main/main_settings.cfg

The note on window managers:
This is weird because gamma adj. works in Amnesia under GNOME 3.6 and now it doesn't work for me in LXDE.
Sorry for bumping the topic, but is there anything I could try?
(05-18-2013, 01:12 PM)Bucic Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for bumping the topic, but is there anything I could try?

The config you want is this one:
/home/<username>/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main/main_settings.cfg

It has the gamma setting (at least for me; not using steam if that helps).

Incidentally Gamma works perfectly fine on my system. Just upgraded to OpenSUSE 12.3 with KDE SC4.10 AND oxygen-transparent theme with a whole bunch of composited goodies active (nVidia drivers though). Having said that, KDE has an option to disable compositing for fullscreen applications; which I have enabled. Maybe Gnome has something similar that is enabled by default and LXDE doesn't hence why it works in Gnome... I should probably test that right now... Nope, still works.
For me the results are clear. Gamma works for Amnesia from Humble Bundle in Gnome (tested on one system) and LXDE (tested on two systems). For Steam version of Amnesia it doesn't work.

There is already quite a few topics on the issue on steam forums
http://steamcommunity.com/app/57300/disc...416409282/
Pages: 1 2