Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: is their a no jumpscare custom story?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not sure entirely what you're asking for. The way you worded it is very hard to understand :s
Try something like wording it something like this instead:

Want this in the story:
- monsters

- atmosphere
- good story line

Don't want this:
- water monster
- jump scares
- poofers

The things I put there were just examples. Change it to say what you're looking for
Most good/decent custom stories usually have something in their feature list stating:

"No cheap scares"
"No teleporting naked guys"

If this is what is what you mean, then just browse the mods here and look for those in the feature lists.
Try my mod, is very happy (?)
I personally hate cheap Jump scares, sort of ruins the experience and just makes a game to completely scare you. I like to try and Immerse people into the game, add some scares here and there in the right places to make it feel scarier than having some naked guy pop out of somewhere.
(05-27-2013, 02:30 PM)Pshyched Wrote: [ -> ]I personally hate cheap Jump scares, sort of ruins the experience and just makes a game to completely scare you. I like to try and Immerse people into the game, add some scares here and there in the right places to make it feel scarier than having some naked guy pop out of somewhere.
yah but i wish their were a puff of wind or a light turning on by itself but just none of the iron madain exploding with a shriek or a door being pounded on with nothing behind it if a door was being pounded on by a grunt that would be ok
Pages: 1 2