Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Games similar to Amnesia&Penumbra?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello.

Does anyone know any other game similar to Amnesia and Penumbra?
I mean FPP horror without weapons.

But please don't give me games like Slender... I want a real horror.

And sorry for my quite bad english!
The first half of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of Earth is great and wihout weapons. Later you get weapons but the game is worth a look.

Also you can check out the alpha from Among the Sleep which will be released Q4 this year. It invites you into the mind and body of a two year old child. After being put to bed one evening, mysterious things start to happen.

Here you can find the download links for Win/Linux/Mac:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kril...sts/481130

Just an ~20minute alpha version, but I'am very excited about the final game.
(05-25-2013, 11:59 AM)droog Wrote: [ -> ]The first half of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of Earth is great and wihout weapons. Later you get weapons but the game is worth a look.

Also you can check out the alpha from Among the Sleep which will be released Q4 this year. It invites you into the mind and body of a two year old child. After being put to bed one evening, mysterious things start to happen.

Here you can find the download links for Win/Linux/Mac:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kril...sts/481130

Just an ~20minute alpha version, but I'am very excited about the final game.

Well, in fact i finished Call of Cthulhu, and I played Among the sleep Tongue
Anyway thanks for reply !
Didn't know there was an alpha of Among the sleep downloading now.
You should try the Silent Hill series (1-3). Well, it's not first person and there are also weapons, but it doesn't turn into a monster shooter and it's really scary.

I mention Silent Hill, because there is no other game like Penumbra & Amnesia. Silent Hill is the best alternative and probably even scarier. The focus is story, atmosphere and puzzles.

You should try Silent Hill 2: Director's Cut.
With my patch you can play it in 1080p and without any other issues!

You don't need to play the first part before.
Great game and scary as hell. Thomas Grip, creator of Penumbra and Amnesia also said Silent Hill is better at horror than other media.
http://beefjack.com/news/silent-hill-bet...nesia-dev/

If you already played Silent Hill, I recommend to wait for Tower22 or Outlast.
SCP: Containment Breach is probably the scariest thing after Amnesia. Have you played that yet?
@The Raining Brains

i played it.

@Googolplex

Thanks, I didn't saw Outlast before. Big Grin
Kraven Manor. I haven't played it yet, but it looks similar to Amnesia and the response from people who played it has been very positive.
Every month of two there is always this thread with similar question and almost exact title.
Oh man, thanks for the tip! Kraven Manor is awesome scary.

[Image: 4iam2d8s.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3