Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia and Legend of Hell House
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if this was discussed before but, does anyone agree that they both have same atmosphere and concept?

and they both have Daniel in them
what the hell is that?
I watched that movie a looong time ago, but wasn't it about a haunted house or something? I can't seem to recall any similarities between LoHH and Amnesia, I'll have to watch it again.
(05-29-2013, 03:35 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: [ -> ]I watched that movie a looong time ago, but wasn't it about a haunted house or something? I can't seem to recall any similarities between LoHH and Amnesia, I'll have to watch it again.

There are many similarities.

1. Both Daniel in LoHH and Daniel in Amnesia lose their sanity when they are scared.

2. Both Alexander (Amnesia) and Belasco (LoHH) somehow managed to control people's mind and spread fear in the castle

2. Both Alexander (Amnesia) and Belasco (LoHH) were sadist who regularly tortured people

3. The castles in LoHH and Amnesia psychologically affected people. They start hallucinating and temporarily lose their memory.

4. At the end of both LoHH and Amnesia, you have to enter a Chapel to kill the villain.

I’m not really good when it comes to comparisons so you better watch the movie to understand what I mean.
(05-29-2013, 01:39 PM)pipe00 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-29-2013, 03:35 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: [ -> ]I watched that movie a looong time ago, but wasn't it about a haunted house or something? I can't seem to recall any similarities between LoHH and Amnesia, I'll have to watch it again.

There are many similarities.

1. Both Daniel in LoHH and Daniel in Amnesia lose their sanity when they are scared.

2. Both Alexander (Amnesia) and Belasco (LoHH) somehow managed to control people's mind and spread fear in the castle

2. Both Alexander (Amnesia) and Belasco (LoHH) were sadist who regularly tortured people

3. The castles in LoHH and Amnesia psychologically affected people. They start hallucinating and temporarily lose their memory.

4. At the end of both LoHH and Amnesia, you have to enter a Chapel to kill the villain.

I’m not really good when it comes to comparisons so you better watch the movie to understand what I mean.

In Amnesia, we don't go to a chapel to kill the antagonist. We went to an
Spoiler below!
Orb Chamber
I don't really remember what the room was called in Amnesia because it's been long time since I touched the game, so I assumed it was some sort of a chapel.

Still both are the same, not much differences.
JAP stop being such a nitpicker pls. It's fucking annoying
(05-29-2013, 06:20 PM)Deep One Wrote: [ -> ]JAP stop being such a nitpicker pls. It's fucking annoying

It's not really nitpicky, that final room has nothing at all to do with a chapel, nor does it come close to resembling one. The other guy was probably just thinking of the choir (similar name) from earlier in the game, which you go to some time before the final room. I was gonna say that too.
It's indeed nitpicking because he didn't watch the movie and he did not bother to discuss the important points. Instead he just put my words under the trolling magnifier and started "nitpicking" like Deep One said.
IMO, Amnesia drew inspiration from the movie and those are some important similarities I mentioned.

Watch it to believe me.
The Legend of Hell House is available on Netflix and stars one of my favorite actors Roddy McDowall.