Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Weeping angel script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone! I wanted to know what script I could use to basically be a weeping angel from Doctor Who. If you don't know what that is, it basically moves when you are not looking. So when you look away, it comes closer. I have my statue all set up and able to be inactive and be an entity, but I want him to be like a weeping angel. Help? Thank you.
It's not going to be easy, but you can use the function SetEntityPlayerLookAtCallback to detect when the player is looking at an area.

- So you would need a series of script areas & deactivated statues
- Keep track of where the player is using AddEntityCollideCallback to set the value of a string when they collide with one of the script areas
- Keep track of which statue is currently active
- Use SetEntityPlayerLookAtCallback to detect when the player is looking at an area away from where the current statue is
- Deactivate the current statue and activate another closer to where the player is

Hope that gives you enough to get going with it, I can't think of a simpler way to do it that would work well sadly...
(05-30-2013, 12:34 AM)Adrianis Wrote: [ -> ]It's not going to be easy, but you can use the function SetEntityPlayerLookAtCallback to detect when the player is looking at an area.

- So you would need a series of script areas & deactivated statues
- Keep track of where the player is using AddEntityCollideCallback to set the value of a string when they collide with one of the script areas
- Keep track of which statue is currently active
- Use SetEntityPlayerLookAtCallback to detect when the player is looking at an area away from where the current statue is
- Deactivate the current statue and activate another closer to where the player is

Hope that gives you enough to get going with it, I can't think of a simpler way to do it that would work well sadly...

I'm really not an expert at scripting.
Oh man this is hard......thats what she said
Where do you want to do this? The whole map?
(05-30-2013, 01:28 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]Oh man this is hard......thats what she said

Um, I guess. Just on one statue on a later map...

(05-30-2013, 01:40 AM)Wank Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2013, 01:28 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]Oh man this is hard......thats what she said

Um, I guess. Just on one statue on a later map...

Yes for the whole map.