Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The Witcher 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(06-14-2014, 11:37 AM)Wooderson Wrote: [ -> ]I'm expecting general open world side quests which usually get repetitive and annoying. I think those can take up around 20 hours easily.

As the team is now revealed in an interview, the quests in TW3 will be very varied and all very reminiscent of the Gothic series.

So they want to avoid simple gathering quests or tasks à la "Kill five bears" etc. Instead the goal is to create more innovative quests. So currently 14 employees working in the various quests - the predecessor there were only six. Here, the development team compares the quest design with Gothic.

"A pretty perfect combination of storyline and freedom within the open game world. Gothic is quite similar in terms of quest design and how we structure the story, but our game has a very, very big world, while true Gothic had an open world but was smaller."

Of course, it is a challenge to fill such a large world with content that are interesting and varied and not feel as if something would be repeated constantly. Another challenge: quests for the main story must be designed so that you can quickly learn how to find again after a long break, if at times one that is invested a lot of time in addition to jobs.

From an other article:

As emphasized Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz of CD Projekt Red, you have the fetch quests declared war in The Witcher 3. It is not particularly the ever popular "bring missions". Here, the player must find one or more objects and bring the quest giver. Such missions would be easy for the developers to create true and straightforward to implement, but the players become bored very fast.

That is why we have paid particular attention in The Witcher 3 that there are such missions rarely exist and then if only where they can be well integrated into the story and then make sense for the player. Tomaszkiewicz mentioned here praising Gothic, which would offer a perfect combination of storyline and playful freedom. The challenge in the development of The Witcher 3 was now to be transferred to this a much larger game world.

Last but not least are the quests be pleasantly varied, but must also be designed so that the player is still rightly found, even if he has lodged a longer break or employed for a time with side missions. In order to realize all this, a total of 14 people were employed in the preparation of the quests. In the second part of the series there were six, the first even just four.

Translated by Google-translator
(06-13-2014, 03:44 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]Level Designer Peter Gelencser said in an interview that it will take at least 100 hours for a speedrun. Players who wanted to experience every aspect will need a lot more time.

The only thing that can slow speedrunners down to normal people paces are visual novels. Anything else they will be able to tear down, and blitz through at super speed Smile
A speedrun is only possible when you already played the game before and know everything. He means it will take 100 hours when you exactly knows what to do and just follow the main story.
At the end of the day it depends on how good the speedrunner is and how many exploits she uses and how well she knows all the shortcuts, stuff like that. But I seriously doubt it will take anyone 100 hours to speedrun, that sounds like PR talk to me.
(06-14-2014, 01:58 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]A speedrun is only possible when you already played the game before and know everything. He means it will take 100 hours when you exactly knows what to do and just follow the main story.

There is a difference between "speedrunning" a game, and simply "playing it quickly".

Speedrunning is exploiting a game in every single way humanly possible to get the lowest possible time on game clearing. Playing a game fast is just...playing a game fast.
Just to let you guys know, The Witcher (first game) took me 40+ hours to complete :|
Kaer Morhen in The Witcher 3
[Image: kaer_morhen.jpg]

Reminds me of Arcania the fourth Gothic installment (while it's just an artwork)
[Image: artwork_fortress_EU.jpg]
Forest-y, partially cloudy, sunset (sunrise) sky, castle by a mountain. Googolplex, there's a million pictures that fit that description.
For example:
Rivendell (Lord of the Rings), this lovely painting, and this one too.

The composition's a little similar, but considering they're 3D environments, that's not saying much.

Also on topic from earlier, it took me about 78 hours to complete Dragon Age Origins and I've spent 34 hours in Dark Souls but still haven't beaten it... I'm no speedrunner.
(02-25-2015, 08:49 PM)CarnivorousJelly Wrote: [ -> ]Forest-y, partially cloudy, sunset (sunrise) sky, castle by a mountain. Googolplex, there's a million pictures that fit that description.
For example:

Rivendell (Lord of the Rings), this lovely painting, and this one too.

The composition's a little similar, but considering they're 3D environments, that's not saying much.

Also on topic from earlier, it took me about 78 hours to complete Dragon Age Origins and I've spent 34 hours in Dark Souls but still haven't beaten it... I'm no speedrunner.

Spoiler below!
[Image: 49388846jpg-b26a.jpg]
Reading this last page just lowered my IQ by 30.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8