Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The Witcher 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I think, it's time to open a thread for the next great part of The Witcher series. The Witcher 3 is announced and it will be up to 40-times bigger than the previous game. The devs CDPROJEKT in poland said they will now make it more open world with 100+ hours of story and design inspired by the acclaimed Gothic series.

The graphics are amazing, and everyone who's interested in RPGs should keep an eye of it.
The game is planned to be released in 2014, and there will be no DRM!

More impressions here:
http://operationrainfall.com/witcher-3-s...s-impress/

[Image: 1370648633-witcher-3.png]

[Image: 296061_526446747411142_1552340717_n.jpg]

[Image: 1370648630-witcher-3-3.jpg]

[Image: the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-schiffswrack.jpg]

Holy mother of hell that looks amazing.

I've personally never gotten into the Witcher series at all, but something tells me I really should start considering it.
Try it, the first game costs only little money. There is also no DRM protection!
But I recommend to use "Extreme Immersion Mod" which disable the ugly HUD elements.
The gameplay is a bit difficult for beginners, but you will become familiar very soon. Shouldn't miss it.
Well, another game I can't play because of my Video Card.

I must admit, It looks amazing, and 100+ hours of story is a lot-so I love it :3

I've seen those images of gameplay, is the game really going to be ThirdPerson? I don't think that is something good for this type of game (although it works good with some games like Dead Space).
(06-10-2013, 07:22 PM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]Well, another game I can't play because of my Video Card.

I must admit, It looks amazing, and 100+ hours of story is a lot-so I love it :3

I've seen those images of gameplay, is the game really going to be ThirdPerson? I don't think that is something good for this type of game (although it works good with some games like Dead Space).

It's an RPG, that means it must be in third person.
Don't compare it to Skyrim's first person cam, what is also better in third person like every other RPG too.Wink

Some games are better in third person, it's like when you play Tomb Raider. Especially RPGs!

Watch here how nice it works in The Witcher:

This looks pretty good.

[Image: mqdefault.jpg]
I can't wait, I loved TW 1&2 (the books are nice too) and this will be even better game than its predecessors. I have to upgrade my PC for this though

edit: The chaser, don't worry. 3rd person works perfectly for the witcher games. I couldn't even imagine playing it in 1st person.
A very good series : ]
Im from Poland (so sorry for my bad english), country, where the Witcher was created.
I played Witcher 1 DEMO and bought full version of Wither 2.
Im a big fan of this game.
Wither 3 is my must-have game. Wink
I didn't like the Witcher 1 because of the absurd point-and-click combat system. I was glad to find out that the Witcher 2 got rid of that horrible combat system and implemented a more casual hack-and-slash-like system. The graphics for the Witcher 3 looks a little bit better than the Witcher 2, but i'm hoping they won't get lazy with the optimizations like they did with the Witcher 2 (for PC) and that they fix any instability issues before release.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8