Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Machine Puzzle Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to making Amnesia custom stories. In fact, the one I'm developing now is my first. And no, I'm not one of those people that put jumpscares everywhere. I actually want to make a serious story.

Anyway, I want to make a puzzle where you have to fix a machine. I understand how to code it and everything, but how do I make it so when the puzzle is finished, the machine parts actually begin moving? I haven't been able to figure it out. :/
RotatePropToSpeed(string& asName, float afAcc, float afGoalSpeed, float afAxisX, float afAxisY, float afAxisZ, bool abResetSpeed, string& asOffsetArea);

asName - internal name
afAcc - acceleration
afGoalSpeed - desired speed
afAxisX - rotation around X axis
afAxisY - rotation around Y axis
afAxisZ - rotation around Z axis
abResetSpeed - determines whether the speed is resetted after goal speed is reached
asOffsetArea - the area to rotate around, if ””, then the center of the body is used
So I apply this line of code to any of the props I use and they begin animating? Like the cogwheels and pistons?
(06-13-2013, 03:52 AM)Viper85626 Wrote: [ -> ]So I apply this line of code to any of the props I use and they begin animating? Like the cogwheels and pistons?

Yup. Make sure it's in a function. You might wanna change those to yours.
(06-12-2013, 11:43 PM)Viper85626 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to making Amnesia custom stories. In fact, the one I'm developing now is my first. And no, I'm not one of those people that put jumpscares everywhere. I actually want to make a serious story.

Anyway, I want to make a puzzle where you have to fix a machine. I understand how to code it and everything, but how do I make it so when the puzzle is finished, the machine parts actually begin moving? I haven't been able to figure it out. :/

When you got it working save it in a doc file like this.

Script.txt

/////////////MACHINE FUNC/////////

Copy Paste script here.

"so when you need it again you can always copy paste and change a few things"
Thank you guys Smile