Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Finally...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After reading most threads it seems like if you dont have the exact same pc config that frictionnal made the game on, youre in for surprises, bugs and a lot of problems.

therefore this game with an interesting setting and gameplay can only be enjoyed by some lucky ppl.

So its NOT WORTH FUCKING BUYING!!!!
Err...Yes? That's how it works all the time, I don't think there is any program that can be run on ALL different specs there is in this world. Penumbra is no exception.

You might not find it worth buying, but many others do. Instead of complaining about it after you buy the game, play the demo and test if you can play it or not. It's quite simple I assure you. Wink
Very few users have had problem with this game. It is also very rude to have such a negative attitude when 2 of the main devolopers spent time trying to help you.

Have you tried removing all vido-drives, than re-installing the most current one?
cinemanjpl Wrote:After reading most threads it seems like if you dont have the exact same pc config that frictionnal made the game on, youre in for surprises, bugs and a lot of problems.

therefore this game with an interesting setting and gameplay can only be enjoyed by some lucky ppl.

So its NOT WORTH FUCKING BUYING!!!!

Oh it's worth buying it, because with your money, they will be able to test on more configs. Reducing these kinds of bugs.

Don't be rude, thats life, My suggestion would be to run it inside linux. If there is still a problem within linux. The only problem with linux would be a ATI card.

GoDL1Ke

It is worth buying...I've had great moments with Penumbra:Overture and mostly Black Plague was awesome...There are a couple of bugs but they don't ruin evrything right?I've seen only a jumping box in overture as a bug and in Black Plague mostly nothing >. <.Oh yes the hive tests had something i goed kinda up xD