Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [SOLVED] Grass always collides
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, no matter how I place grass ('collides' box is unchecked) it will get me stuck if I walk into it. How do I make it so I can walk freely through grass? I've tried all 3 types.
Make sure collision is disabled in the level editor, and save changes. Make sure .map_cache files are deleted from your maps folder. That should be all.
It automatically re-creates a .cache file, even if I delete it.
(06-21-2013, 07:53 PM)Zokrar Wrote: [ -> ]It automatically re-creates a .cache file, even if I delete it.

Are you testing it in the map viewer or in Amnesia? When you open a map in the map viewer, it automatically creates a .cache file.
I'm testing it in amnesia itself. I'm in debug mode if that changes anything
The game automatically creates map_cache files if the environment is set to do so (which is the default state). The issue isn't necessarily that it creates map_cache files, but when it creates them. If you make changes to your map but forget to delete any map_cache files, then you're likely to not see any map changes during testing.
Epic - I got it working. It had to do with not removing the previous cache before saving again. Thank you