Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The Escape Button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I never paused. I just scream and run away like a little bitch.
For inventory it can be cool, as it ads to the momentum and "realism" of some games (Last of Us, Dead Space) but I don`t think it would be a good idea to do that for an actual game menu. Imagine you`re saving and exactly in that moment while you`re occupied BAM! dead on reload.
The people that want to have a no pause feature - my suggestion would be to pop the Esc key out of your keyboard. Tongue
If you want another solution, putting something like 10 sec timer for the menu to show, but that is probably hardcoded into the game, a lot of great things are hardcoded...
(07-01-2013, 12:45 AM)Bridge Wrote: [ -> ]Let's be real here, you are not truly concerned about how other people experience the game, are you?

I think you are being a little harsh here. My input was not very thought through, I admit, and I suppose it is best to have the game paused in the menu, but saying I am not concerned about others' gameplay experience I feel was uncalled for.

I wonder how it will be in AAMFP. Will reading notes pause the gameplay? If there even are notes scattered in the game. Perhaps the story is told in a different way. I cannot wait to find out.
(07-01-2013, 09:58 PM)Diz Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-01-2013, 12:45 AM)Bridge Wrote: [ -> ]Let's be real here, you are not truly concerned about how other people experience the game, are you?

I think you are being a little harsh here. My input was not very thought through, I admit, and I suppose it is best to have the game paused in the menu, but saying I am not concerned about others' gameplay experience I feel was uncalled for.

I wonder how it will be in AAMFP. Will reading notes pause the gameplay? If there even are notes scattered in the game. Perhaps the story is told in a different way. I cannot wait to find out.

Please accept my sincerest apologies. Although my words may seem sharply cynical at times (or y'know, always) I rarely mean any offense. The point I was trying to illustrate is that what other people do, if it has no bearing on your life or anybody else's, should be no concern of yours. Trying to force something you feel is beneficial on everybody else is an affront to free will. It doesn't even matter if this is a video game and nothing consequential will come from implementing this feature, I still feel it is utterly wrong in every respect.
Yeah, most situations should be considered beyond players fear-quitting. Imagine getting a phone call in the middle of a chase.

"Yeah, sorry Grandma, I can't really talk now, there's a 7 foot tall pig chasing me in the basement and I gotta find a cupboard before it mauls me. Later."
Maybe there should be an option where you can change whether or not you want the game to pause while in menus. That way everyone is happy.
(07-02-2013, 07:12 PM)LordGubGub Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe there should be an option where you can change whether or not you want the game to pause while in menus. That way everyone is happy.

Ehh it would yes, but i dont see that being implemented. IMO
I don't mind too much, but it would make the experience better if the game still runs while paused.
I mean come on, you wouldn't be able to pause if something like that happened IRL Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4