Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia freezing on intro!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, Community!

I recently installed Amnesia: The Dark Descent on my computer and I, anxious to play, opened Amnesia, but when I got to the part of the intro video where it says that there are a few things you need to know if you want to opimize your gameplay, my game just freezes.

Anyone who experienced this or who has a solution to my problem? Huh

My specs are:

Intel i5-4670
EVGA GTX 680 2gb
16 gb 1600 Mhz Kingston
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H

I really doubt it has something to do with that, but could be?? I'm sure that my drivers are up-to-date. Undecided

Hope you guys can help me!
I'm definetly on a loss on this kind of problem, but my only advice is to check the config files. Not that I expect to be any problems in there if you recently installed it. But it's worth a try at least.
(07-06-2013, 11:20 PM)Neelke Wrote: [ -> ]I'm definetly on a loss on this kind of problem, but my only advice is to check the config files. Not that I expect to be any problems in there if you recently installed it. But it's worth a try at least.

What should I look for?

Anyway... I'm trying to re-install and see if it should solve it. I bought it through Steam (No idea if there are any other methods), but could it be the problem?

The weird thing is, that it worked completely fine and my shit-laptop.
Reinstall, run as admin things like that.
After the crash occurs, attach HPL.log as said at the troubleshooting guides.