Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Changing model with bones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. I want a suitor to be more like a butler so he can look a bit human. You know adding some torn cloth and stuff. But, the Suitor have bones and the thing that I'm adding isn't part of the texture so it's a new model that covers the Suitor. Do I need to re-rig it or what?
(07-12-2013, 04:23 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys. I want a suitor to be more like a butler so he can look a bit human. You know adding some torn cloth and stuff. But, the Suitor have bones and the thing that I'm adding isn't part of the texture so it's a new model that covers the Suitor. Do I need to re-rig it or what?
You might be able to get away with weight painting the new model so it is deformed properly by the existing bones. If it does not look right after that you might need a more complex rig for it which means you will have to redo all animations.

Cant help you with the details or exporting though as I dont have experience myself.
So I need a rigger. Not that I can't rig, but Blender can't animate.
Yes, you would need to detach the mesh (skin) from the skeleton, model what you wanted, then re-attach the skin to the skeleton and redo weight paints.
Or you can just y'know, weightpaint the new part and the combine the meshes, or use a vertex painting transfer to keep the old weighpaints.

That way you know, you won't have to re-do anything, so uh. YEAH! <<3
^ In a more specific sense, yes.
Bump. Apparently, the chains and stuff that the original Suitor have was too hard to remove. Can someone remove them for me?
Do the work lazy bones.